Type 2 Life

photognut

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning and I have got a letter offering me the Desmond Course. I think that will be interesting. How will they cope with someone who has reduced their HbA1c from 95 to 33 in 6 months? What advice will they give me?

You will need to charge them for your time as an expert patient :)

Reactions: 7 people

photognut

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @photognut , had to take ibuprofen for the hip ache and still feeling bloated...:( wheat/lactose/sugar doesn't like me.

Ingredients:
Water, Linseeds, Wheat Protein, Soya Flour, Whole Wheat Flour, Sesame, Soybean Meal, Sunflower Seeds, Wheat Bran, Oat Fiber, Yeast, Salt, Colouring Spice Extracts (Curcuma).

I don't usually eat processed stuff like this, but every now and then, when we take the in laws out for a picnic, or I really want to appear 'normal' at work...

HTH

You would think the contents would be relatively benign to not cause an adverse reaction. Wheat and soy content would preclude me from buying it.

Normal? that is interesting, why are we made to feel abnormal:sour: I don't drink, purely from the fact I don't like alcohol, at parties I am treated to all sorts of rude comments for asking for a glass of water - "there's something wrong with you" my retort is that I'm not the one who needs a drink!! that normally shuts them up. I feel sorry for recovering alcoholics trying to survive in our social drink culture. The same seems to apply with food too....why should you be made to consume something just to fit in with another persons perception of social acceptance?

Reactions: 5 people

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning Folks

5.3 for me again this sunny morning.

Planning on spending the day at the British Model Aircraft National Championships, down at Barkston Heath.

Only downside is the possibility of being tempted by burgers and ice cream.....

Reactions: 4 people

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning and I have got a letter offering me the Desmond Course. I think that will be interesting. How will they cope with someone who has reduced their HbA1c from 95 to 33 in 6 months? What advice will they give me?

Based on my experience they will nod, say "that's very good" and then carry on as if you weren't there and give you leaflets telling you to eat loads of starchy carbs, and basically continue the session as planned.

They definitely won't ask you how you did it, and they won't want you sharing your experiences with the others.

Reactions: 4 people

Alzebra

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
FBG 4.9 this morning after a very rare night out with Mr Alz (kids staying over with Gran) Movie with roasted almonds instead of popcorn then Nandos for lots of protein :D

Reactions: 6 people

Gravity-Carb

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
@photognut I have to agree with you... it is those non thinking comments that people throw out and it is those very comments people react to. When said reaction takes place the 'victim' (for want of a better word) is blamed. "Don't take it so personally" "had a humour transplant recently?" and other defensive and offensive comments are made.
This is an -ism isn't it? A form of medicalism, outside of the media/mob-rule 'norm' needs to be highlighted and ridiculed to maintain status-quo (terrible band by the way).
Just my Sat morning Type2 musings....

5.7 this am...two days of no fat drink and a late dinner with some breadcrumbs on some crudités/tempura type stuff would explain my FBS. Onwards and upwards. HBa1c next month.....

Reactions: 5 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning troops

Feeling all Oatesey this morning.....I am just going outside, I maybe some time!

Reactions: 8 people

photognut

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
morning..........

6.4 today. I had a midnight snack of KP Peanuts watching a movie last night :rolleyes:

Reactions: 7 people

Southbeds

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Make your own on the stove top.just eating a handful of chilli popcorn. last week I made some with Season All

photognut

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If you like Popcorn Tyrells do Posh Popcorn which is 6g per packet - I have the Sweet and Salty ones. I get them in Tesco

I just had a look at the ingredients - corn, caster sugar and sunflower oil (hydrogenated). http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=271745781 80g bag = over 40g carbs and 12g sugar, that would send me onto the treadmill for a good 30 minute workout to combat the spike. I am really so envious if you guys can eat this without blood issues.