Vitamin K2

photognut

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, I take it. K2 + MK-4 and MK-7 have proven to be beneficial in heart health.

The Rotterdam Heart Study, 4,800 participants for seven years, revealed that when the participants ingested quantities of vitamin K2 in their diet experienced a better cardiovascular condition than people who ingested the least. 21 High intakes of the vitamin K2 also indicated less calcium deposition in the aorta, whereas participants who ingested less K2 showed moderate to more severe calcification. Animal studies also indicate that vitamin K intake not only blocks the progress of further calcium accumulation, but also induces 37% regression of accumulated arterial calcification.

Reactions: 4 people

Sobeit

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It is very important to take if taking vitamin D supplements to make sue the calcium goes to where its needed as in teeth and bones and not arteries and tissues.. Does anyone know does it have any effect on cholesterol as in lower it?

Sobeit

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, I take it. K2 + MK-4 and MK-7 have proven to be beneficial in heart health.

The Rotterdam Heart Study, 4,800 participants for seven years, revealed that when the participants ingested quantities of vitamin K2 in their diet experienced a better cardiovascular condition than people who ingested the least. 21 High intakes of the vitamin K2 also indicated less calcium deposition in the aorta, whereas participants who ingested less K2 showed moderate to more severe calcification. Animal studies also indicate that vitamin K intake not only blocks the progress of further calcium accumulation, but also induces 37% regression of accumulated arterial calcification.
Am going to put k2 n my list of supplements to buy. Good for the bones also:)

caretaker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Am going to put k2 n my list of supplements to buy. Good for the bones also:)
just check it dos'nt react with other medication. i think it may with some blood thinning meds. i'm not sure i have just started looking into it.after an x-ray results showing Lumbar Osteophytes (Bone Spurs) .

Always check out anything you read on the forum we are not doctors. but sometimes they dont know all the answers..:)

Reactions: 2 people