Spiraliser

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My mother bought me a Lurch spiraliser in June as a wedding anniversary present, haven't even taken it out of the box yet. Other than using it for courgettes I really don't know how to use it on a LCHF diet. Kohl rabi maybe ? Fennel, carrot, potato, parsnip, turnip, celeriac and swede are all on the NO list.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
You cana make things like cucumber and peppers etc a lot less boring.. Presentation is everything!!

Reactions: 2 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Sweet potato isn't off a LCHF diet totally... It has good nutients in it compared to a normal spud...

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I know you can do lots of different veg, e.g, carrots, but carrots aren't compatible with LCHF so are no use to me!
Ok I get that carrots are off for some but a little spiralize do carrot goes a long way probably about 1 - 2g of carbs. You say you know you can do lots of different veg so I'm sorry I don't really understand your question. Do you mean can you do other things other than veg?
Things I have spiralize do
Courgette, carrot, Apple pear, peppers, cucumber, cauliflower, broccoli, onion, fennel, cabbage, radishes, sweet potato, small new potatoes, brussel sprouts, beetroot, celeriac, turnip.

The higher carbs ones obviously in smaller portions, but because they are cut so fine they go a long way. I made a fennel and apple coleslaw today to go with a crustless quiche for supper, I used about 1/2 an apple served 2 of us and there is still a portion in the fridge.

The only thing that didn't really work was aubergine it sort of shredded a mushed all at the same time

Reactions: 4 people

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
People with or without diabetes can choose whatever they want to eat.

Below ground veg aren't allowed on Dr Andreas Eenfeldt's LCHF diet and several others.

Sweet potatoes aren't allowed on Dr Mark Hyman's Blood Sugar Detox or Dr Charles Clark's Diet Revolution. IIRC they are used by George Stella, Atkins Diet and Dana Carpender.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Errr ok but that wasn't @trinity0097 question to be fair, if it had have been I wouldn't have answered as I have limited knowledge of all those people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Depends on how far a person low carbs...as to whether 1/2 a sweet potato is allowed...and then between 2 people the carbs are pitiful!!

I've been lower carber all my life and can still eat a spiralised sweet potato portion. Eating somewhere between 18-50/60g a day..

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't have a spiralizer, as my food processor does an efficient job for me, but in a routine email from Lakeland this morning, this one came up, at 50% off: http://www.lakeland.co.uk/71038/Curl-&-Collect-Spiralizer

Lakeland products are usually very good, and their customer services, even if you plain old decide you don't like the product, are very good.

Reactions: 4 people

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes