Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Reactions: 9 people

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
Good morning all. I had a fasting reading of 5.8 after a 5.6 at bedtime last night.

Reactions: 13 people

blueprudence

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Being so totally lazy. The thought of having any of my body chopped off or going blind - incentive enough to make the changes I need to prevent that, even if I have to start {gasp} exercising.
Any form of animal cruelty or abuse. Globalisation, americanisation and homogenisation of everything from our high streets to our regional dialects. Any form of injustice.

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 this morning after getting a 4.4 at around 10:00 last night. We had Bob Geldorf and the Boomtown Rats playing at the local music festival yesterday until midnight and he was dreadful.

Reactions: 14 people

silky1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
First "self test" it was 7.8 this morning - I've been diagnosed less than a week - my HbA1C was 106 and my blood sugar 17.9 on 20th August - so although the fasting level is higher than it should be - compared to my previous two blood tests - I am much happier with this - and can see there are some shining examples here which have performed miracles in the sugar and weight departments - giving me a real incentive to kick myself into shape

Reactions: 18 people

Gravity-Carb

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
6.3 this am...in the type2 life thread I put it down to drinking gin n tonics into the wee hours. No no no, I remember it was the crackers smeared with pate and a sm slice of one of those lidl protein rolls with 'slaw on it around 5.30am when I got in.... :D

Reactions: 19 people