Bulletproof coffee, am I doing it right?

CurvyPixel

Don't like cream in coffee - too 'claggy'. BPC still making me feel sick, BUT am also changing over non-diabetic meds at the moment, so it could well be that & not the coffee . Will try again when new meds have settled in a week or so.
Really like the taste of the BPC and was using a dessert spoon of coconut oil & half of butter, so was getting there!
Will stitch to Lidl HP rolls & Philly cheese for now

timerich

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
wet weather, litter
Check the cartons / bottles, but generally I have found double cream to have the least carbs (hardley any) followed by single cream, then full fat milk, then semi skimmed milk, with skimmed milk containing the most carbs.

You have to watch some of the 'synthetic creams' like emlea which contain more carbs

Cornish clotted cream is even better than double cream!!
You just made my day...love clotted cream, yummy :D:D

Reactions: 2 people

timerich

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
wet weather, litter
@CurvyPixel
I too am on the bulletproofs as getting my fat quota up for the day.

I'm not on medication, diet only for now and I notice the difference in my FBG's if I don't have my fat drink (haven't tried a fat bomb yet).

After a few experiments with coffee I bought some raw caco powder in local healthfood shop on a deal. That stuff is sooo strong. Used 1 tsp in 200ml of hotish water and added 2 tbs each of the butter and coconut oil. I felt sick and later had a very strange toilet experience....

So I've gone back to the 1tbs each of butter n oil. Feel a whole heap better. And I love my morning chocolate....I am unable to consume lactose so double cream is out. But lactofree cream is on my list to add. Also some orange zest to make a chocolate orange flavour.....

I drink it straight out of the blender jug with a straw. 'Cause I'm classy like that. Also I am always rushing and I have taken it in the car with me to the Heathrow.

Only one £8.99 jar of coconut oil is gonna last me only 2wks at this rate.
lol, ok so I don't want the strange toilet experience!!! But really fancy hot chocolate as it could help my chocolate craving do you need sweetner?

timerich

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
wet weather, litter
I just use whatever butter we have in the fridge. Today it's Lurpak. The coconut oil is from the "Groovy Food" company and is organic and "extra virgin" - stocked in Tesco
I've tweaked my recipe. One tablespoon each of coconut oil and butter and then a good glug of double cream. I'm reckoning that as nearly 500 calories of fatty goodness. When I have one of those it sees me through to lunch quite easily.
ok confession time, I use Aldi's butter and cream but I do buy Tesco's coconut oil ,Aldi haven't brought a range in yet!!;)

Gravity-Carb

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
lol, ok so I don't want the strange toilet experience!!! But really fancy hot chocolate as it could help my chocolate craving do you need sweetner?

Sorry @timerich ! I missed this post.... no the strange loo experience was weird...but moving on :eek: ...
I have started to add a small amount of stevia...otherwise the chocolate can be a bit strong for me. But I don't like the taste of alternative sweeteners so I add tiny amounts. I basically lifted a few single sachets of stevia from local café and use tiny amounts out of one. Could say cheap, I say smart... :D

timerich

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
wet weather, litter
Good idea about the stevia, I'll probably use my Monkey fruit sweetner (Think that's what it's called) very expensive but I only need the tip of a teaspoon. :)

teacher123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Had three of these today...filtered coffee with some kerrygold butter and coconut oil added. Probably one too many but I didn't have anything else available for fat content today.

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, I've been adding double cream to my morning quadruple espresso for the past week or so, and much to my surprise I am starting to like it (a lot) in fact I couldn't wait to fire up the espresso machine this morning.

I still can't imagine adding butter or coconut oil to it, but it certainly already is much more satisfying and filling.

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
Well, I've been adding double cream to my morning quadruple espresso for the past week or so, and much to my surprise I am starting to like it (a lot) in fact I couldn't wait to fire up the espresso machine this morning.

I still can't imagine adding butter or coconut oil to it, but it certainly already is much more satisfying and filling.
*puts on Yoda voice* - Learning you are, young padawan.

Reactions: 6 people