Food alert: Double Cream recall

Ambersilva

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The Food Standards Agency has issued alerts for recalls on four brands of Double Cream due to low levels of Listeria monocytogenes found in the products.

Aldi recalls McCallums Scottish Double Cream
Iceland recalls Double Cream
Müller Wiseman Dairies pasteurised Double Cream
Sainsbury's recalls SO Organic British Double

http://www.food.gov.uk/news-updates/news/food-alerts?keyword=double+cream

Reactions: 6 people

rosserk

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh my goodness I bought a tub of double cream from Aldi yesterday to make a cheesecake and I had to throw it away! It went really funny when I put it in the food mixer and had a funny smell! I thought I'd over blended it but I've never made a mistake before and kept saying I have no idea what happened I must have done something wrong! Maybe that explains it..

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks, have taken note, do shop for cream at Sainsbury's but not this brand I think. Current cream is behaving ok. ;)

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I use Sainsburys British Double Cream, pasteurised but not organic. Hopefully mine is OK.

Ambersilva

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The Food Standards Agency has issued alerts for recalls on four brands of Double Cream due to low levels of Listeria monocytogenes found in the products.

Listeria can cause food poisoning in people with diabetes and in pregnancy.

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I ate some Sainsbury's organic double cream last night !!! Tasted fine.

Ambersilva

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am only conveying to members on this forum the alert that I received from the Food Standards Agency this morning. A Google search gives many hits about Listeria, the incubation period and effects etc. The paragraph pasted below from the FSA website explains why food products might be recalled.

If there is a problem with a food product that means it should not be sold, then it might be 'withdrawn' (taken off the shelves) or 'recalled' (when customers are asked to return the product). The FSA issues Product Withdrawal Information Notices and Product Recall Information Notices to let consumers and local authorities know about problems associated with food. In some cases, a 'Food Alert for Action' is issued. This provides local authorities with details of specific action to be taken on behalf of consumers. - See more at: http://www.food.gov.uk/news-updates...es-double-cream-recalled#sthash.tcOONoxA.dpuf

Reactions: 2 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I've cleared my freezer of the whipped Aldi Scottish Double cream I had. I'd rather be safe than sorry.