Diabetic ID necklaces - wanted

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The Medic Alert Foundation, a charity, is very well known in Canada, where I lived for awhile. So when I decided to get a bracelet, I Googled and found that they operate in UK also. www.medicalalert.org.uk Mine is a stainless steel bracelet and I never take it off. Besides being Type 2, I am also allergic to penicillin.

I think for anyone with a medical condition, some kind of alert is a good idea. Medic Alert has contact details for my husband, my mother and my doctor. They have a list of my medication and allergies also. Plus they accept reverse charge calls from medical teams 24/7 and can translate in 100 languages.

Reactions: 2 people
M

mrspuddleduck

The Medic Alert Foundation, a charity, is very well known in Canada, where I lived for awhile. So when I decided to get a bracelet, I Googled and found that they operate in UK also. www.medicalalert.org.uk Mine is a stainless steel bracelet and I never take it off. Besides being Type 2, I am also allergic to penicillin.

I think for anyone with a medical condition, some kind of alert is a good idea. Medic Alert has contact details for my husband, my mother and my doctor. They have a list of my medication and allergies also. Plus they accept reverse charge calls from medical teams 24/7 and can translate in 100 languages.

I have one of these too and have signed up for their alert service. Perfect for me because as well as insulin dependant, I have other health conditions and a life threatening allergy (not good if you're having a hypo and can't tell them!!). But the best bit is its made my family feel better about me living alone - can't put a price on that!! Sue xxxx

Reactions: 2 people