What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Christinerm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday:
B: Full fat yogurt & chopped nuts, garlic cheese & coconut / chia bread
L: Almond butter bread with brussels pate, blueberries & cream
D: Avocado & kale frittata, 2 mini Babybel
No snacks

Today:
B: Coconut / flax bread with almond butter
L: Avocado & cheddar salad, blueberries & cream
D: Will be chicken in parma ham, a small roasted new potato, broccoli & a wee bit of roasted carrot (first picking from the garden). Fat bomb

Reactions: 9 people

trinity0097

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B - Tescos 8 item breakfast, 3 bacon, 1 sausage, 2 fried eggs, mushrooms and tomato with reduced sugar Ribena
L - creamy bacon and veg soup with half a lidl roll
Snack - small bag pork scratchings
D - lamb and Rosemary grill steak with portobello mushroom with cheese, courgette noodles and roasted cheesy green beans

Cheesy green beans are my new favourite veg! So simple too, take frozen green beans, drizzle with flavoured oil, e.g chilli or basil, fine grate Parmesan type cheese over the top and bung in the oven for 30 min

amanda19640

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaning for moanings sake!!
B - Tescos 8 item breakfast, 3 bacon, 1 sausage, 2 fried eggs, mushrooms and tomato with reduced sugar Ribena
L - creamy bacon and veg soup with half a lidl roll
Snack - small bag pork scratchings
D - lamb and Rosemary grill steak with portobello mushroom with cheese, courgette noodles and roasted cheesy green beans

Cheesy green beans are my new favourite veg! So simple too, take frozen green beans, drizzle with flavoured oil, e.g chilli or basil, fine grate Parmesan type cheese over the top and bung in the oven for 30 min
B scrambled egg & sausage

L Greek yoghurt & berries

T steak, salad, & mushrooms cooked in butter, with a bit of wholegrain mustard, finished in double cream.
Raspberry sugar free jelly, berries & double cream

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: have been staying in a B&B so had obligatory fried breakfast - 2 eggs, bacon, sausage, mushrooms
L: mezze - olives, feta, sun-dried tomato, parma ham, hummus. Passed on the pitta bread :angelic:
D: home again so duck breast fried in coconut oil, roast cauliflower & fennel

Reactions: 8 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Missed breakfast ooops!
L. lamb chop x2 + 6 chicken nuggets with burger sauce
S. 2 pigs in blanket
D. Peanut butter and margarine on white bloomer slice x2.
That's me full and satisfied.... still not hurrying to eat veg. Old habits die hard.

Reactions: 6 people

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Scrambled Eggs, Bacon, Tomato, slice of German Rye and a quadruple Espresso with Cream

L: Pate, olives, feta

D: roast Lamb, cauliflower mash, green beans, broccoli and ratatouille.

Need something else as I'm hungry.

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
B - 2 bacon, 2 sausage, spinach surrender
L - 2 salmon fillets fried in butter.
No dinner - not hungry.

I conducted an experiment this afternoon, in the form of a delicious copper-hued fragrant pint of real ale (my first since diagnosis 3 months ago). 3 hours later my BG is still well over 7. Way too high for my situation and proof positive (if any were needed) that I really am intolerant of carbs.

I bloody love proper real ale. It's a damned shame to have to give it up. Maybe an occasional naughty treat but that's all. :bigtears:

Reactions: 10 people

Gravity-Carb

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
B - 2 bacon, 2 sausage, spinach surrender
L - 2 salmon fillets fried in butter.
No dinner - not hungry.

I conducted an experiment this afternoon, in the form of a delicious copper-hued fragrant pint of real ale (my first since diagnosis 3 months ago). 3 hours later my BG is still well over 7. Way too high for my situation and proof positive (if any were needed) that I really am intolerant of carbs.

I bloody love proper real ale. It's a damned shame to have to give it up. Maybe an occasional naughty treat but that's all. :bigtears:

I feel your pain sir....

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everybody:)

B. Blackberries and Greek style yoghurt

L. 2 small slices chia seed and nut bread with Brussels pate

D. Chicken thighs with squash, onions, red pepper, mushrooms and courgette drizzled with garlic infused olive oil and cooked in oven. I'm really full! :)

Reactions: 14 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Blues and rasps with yog, almonds and walnuts...
L: chorizo and 3 egg omelette
D: Chicken, runner beans and spinach with boursin and baked garlic, red wine 1 large glass... 1 chocolate

B: was too close to lunch, sunday, so BG was quite high going into lunch.... not to self.... separate B and L on sunday!!

Reactions: 12 people

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B: Boiled eggs
S: Rollmop
L: Assorted julienned veg stir fried in coconut oil and gluten free tamari, with Engevita flakes, flaxseed and desiccated coconut sprinkled on top
D: last two Musk's gluten free Newmarket sausages, grilled plus small pile mushooms and onions and a couple of eggs, all fried in Extra Virgin olive oil

Reactions: 11 people

skal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B: 3 boiled eggs, topped with mayo,paprika and black pepper plus 5 cherry tomatoes

L: handful of pistachios

D: rib eye steak, broccoli, peppers and 2 thin slices of butternut squash, side salad and all topped with garlic butter.

S: some more pistachios

Reactions: 14 people

Munkki

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow, your Sunday meals sound amazing. I am going to make the chorizo omelette soon, too!

B: Cacao zoats with seeds and coconut milk
L: Large bowl of leftover pasta-free minestrone topped with olive oil
D: Fresh salad with chickpeas, tahini and olive oil, two meffins (the cooking book suggests to eat them warm, but they are amazing when cold, and so filling)

Reactions: 12 people

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello everybody:)

B. Blackberries and Greek style yoghurt

L. 2 small slices chia seed and nut bread with Brussels pate

D. Chicken thighs with squash, onions, red pepper, mushrooms and courgette drizzled with garlic infused olive oil and cooked in oven. I'm really full! :)
How are you liking the ugg bread @mo53?

Reactions: 2 people

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Mongolia . I think the ugg bread is fine. Thank you. :) I've just made my second loaf. I freeze most of it in 2 slice packs which results in 1 loaf lasting a full week. I have the muffin mix but haven't made any yet. I made the olive oil variation this time and I think I prefer it.

Reactions: 2 people

photognut

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast today.
2 x poached eggs + slice of ham. (I am going to make the effort to produce my own Brown sauce - HP you will stop dominating a section of my morning plate :grumpy:)
lunch
I'm going to make myself a juice drink: 1/2 fennel bulb, cucumber, cellery, 1/2 apple, lime and ginger.
Dinner.
Last nights Pad Thai chicken and tangy almond sauce left overs, with kelp noodles.

Reactions: 11 people

amanda19640

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaning for moanings sake!!
Breakfast today.
2 x poached eggs + slice of ham. (I am going to make the effort to produce my own Brown sauce - HP you will stop dominating a section of my morning plate :grumpy:)
lunch
I'm going to make myself a juice drink: 1/2 fennel bulb, cucumber, cellery, 1/2 apple, lime and ginger.
Dinner.
Last nights Pad Thai chicken and tangy almond sauce left overs, with kelp noodles.
B: Scrambled egg on 2 low carb toast
L; tuna mayo & salad, sugar free jelly, strawberries & double cream.
T: Chicken breast cooked in red Thai paste, peanut butter & coconut milk, with courgette ribbons fried in lemon oil.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everybody. :)

B. Raspberries and cream

L. A cold chicken thigh with vegetables leftover from last night, mushrooms, onions, courgettes, butternut squash, red pepper. This was delicious.

D. Crust less quiche. I tried to make a sauce with onion and tomatoes whizzed in the hand blender with mayonaise. It wasn't really a success but had an interesting fresh taste. :)

Reactions: 7 people

trinity0097

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B - bacon, eggy kids half a roll, mushrooms and creamy scrambled egg
L - veg and Stilton soup with chocolate cream stuff!
D - mince kinda of moussaka, but the cheese sauce was a bit runny but it still tasted nice even if it looked a bit pants, with fried runner beans

Now at the pub waiting for my colleagues to turn up for pre-INSET drinkies - I am first and nursing the foulest tasting diet Pepsi ever but I didn't feel I could 'buy' just a pint of water and nothing else - will get someone who is getting a round later to get me some to squeeze some squash into!

Reactions: 10 people

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I need to add to my food a chocolate one minute muffin with low carb frosting. It was made with avocado! I had to try it because I could not see how this could work. It did! Smashing :)