Dapagliflozin

53 Reverence

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Type 2 treatment. Hello everyone, I'm classed as a, "Newbie" on my profile. I'm 62 and been T2 since 2007. I've been insulin intolerant in the past and had a 4 stone weight gain with Insulin. My Endocrinologist started me on a new drug about 18 months ago and is really a fantastic medication. Forxiga (Dapagliflozin) is taken once daily. I take Metformin 2 gramme also and 1.2 units of Liraglutide (Victoza). Since taking Forxiga, I have lost 3.5 stones and my Hba1c readings are steady at 6.5. My daily blood tests are always in my target range of 5><8 and I feel well. Try mentioning Forxiga ,(Dapagliflozin) to your clinician maybe it may help.

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
That's great weight loss, well done! I'm so glad to hear this med has helped you. Did you have any side effects? I have never had this med but I have read some worrying things about it:

http://www.phlaunt.com/diabetes/36474059.php

53 Reverence

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
That's great weight loss, well done! I'm so glad to hear this med has helped you. Did you have any side effects? I have never had this med but I have read some worrying things about it:

http://www.phlaunt.com/diabetes/36474059.php
Hi, thanks for your input. My story is really much deeper than I have originally posted. I already have and had prior to Dapagliflozin Cardiovascular disease. I don't want to go into or bore readers into my health but yes, I was aware of the possible side effects but I trust my Endocrinologist and it was a choice for me to try the drug or suffer my weight gain and my poor quality of life. So yes, to answer your question, I was aware and the only side effect I've suffered is several UTI. The plus side is though a much better life and much easier control of my Diabetes.

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
Hi, thanks for your input. My story is really much deeper than I have originally posted. I already have and had prior to Dapagliflozin Cardiovascular disease. I don't want to go into or bore readers into my health but yes, I was aware of the possible side effects but I trust my Endocrinologist and it was a choice for me to try the drug or suffer my weight gain and my poor quality of life. So yes, to answer your question, I was aware and the only side effect I've suffered is several UTI. The plus side is though a much better life and much easier control of my Diabetes.
Sorry, I think there was a misunderstanding. I wasn't trying to make you aware of the side effects, as you have been taking the drug for a while and are happy with it. I had in mind others who may be interested in trying it. I'm glad the drug was worth it for you. I have found UTIs to be one of the worst possible kinds of pain, but maybe it is different for men, I don't know.

53 Reverence

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Sorry, I think there was a misunderstanding. I wasn't trying to make you aware of the side effects, as you have been taking the drug for a while and are happy with it. I had in mind others who may be interested in trying it. I'm glad the drug was worth it for you. I have found UTIs to be one of the worst possible kinds of pain, but maybe it is different for men, I don't know.

That's fine, I am aware of the possible side effects and was on commencement of the drug. I know you weren't implying a possible ignorance on my behalf.
If others read however the information on Dapagliflozin or the other drugs in your link, they too could be frightened. I know the drug is expensive which makes it a know know by some healthcare providers but, if it does make life better as in my case, the risks and expense are worth it.
I'm not sure where you are but if you're UK then you will be aware of the, "Post code" excuses for not prescribing an expensive drug and, N.I.C.E recommendations etc as well as the budget if health authorities etc etc etc.
Thankyou again x.
Oh pain and UTI. I think men are the weaker sex where pain is concerned. :)

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
That's fine, I am aware of the possible side effects and was on commencement of the drug. I know you weren't implying a possible ignorance on my behalf.
If others read however the information on Dapagliflozin or the other drugs in your link, they too could be frightened. I know the drug is expensive which makes it a know know by some healthcare providers but, if it does make life better as in my case, the risks and expense are worth it.
I'm not sure where you are but if you're UK then you will be aware of the, "Post code" excuses for not prescribing an expensive drug and, N.I.C.E recommendations etc as well as the budget if health authorities etc etc etc.
Thankyou again x.
Oh pain and UTI. I think men are the weaker sex where pain is concerned. :)
I'm in New Zealand and we have similar post code issues here. I had a little laugh at your comment about men :)