Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Merrylizard1314

This morning (Monday) at 6.15am. 4.1mmol/L. ketones 1.9 . In excellent health, but cannot seem to keep ketones at 2-2.5. Always something, I suppose!

Look after yourself, loulou. Don't fall in any more baths! Glad you had a great time with the church group.

Keep well everyone.

Reactions: 17 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
5.2 this morning

Maxwell

Are you a Beatles fan @Silver Hammer? :)

BG 5.2 fasting. Well within my acceptable levels. Had a treat last night...a walnut whip. Nice that I'm able to do that once in a while. Best wishes & good health everyone. X

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 18 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Aww nuts! Back over 6 again - 6.4

Don't get disheartened hun. It's gonna happen, no matter how tight you try & control your BG. Even Diabetics who've had the disease for a long time will tell you they have days when their BG just won't do what they want it to do. Nature of the beast. Chin up. X

Reactions: 11 people

Croc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sea filth!
6.2 again today.

I seem to be running mostly in the 6s for the last week.

Reactions: 14 people

JAY1JAY1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
Good morning everyone
This morning I'm 5.8 eating different things a the moment as my brothers over from France .

Reactions: 14 people

itchyfeet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all :)
A slightly raised 6.2 for me this morning:rolleyes:
Busy day ahead, got my handsom grandson and his parents coming for a visit . Don't see them very often ...... so really excited:happy:
Have a brill day , where-ever you are and what ever you are doing:D:D

Reactions: 15 people

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
5.0 this morning.
Better than I thought after my scientific experiment with a pint of beer yesterday (I still had a +3 spike after 3 hours)

I sorely, sorely miss beer. I used to go to real ale festivals and sample all the small breweries' produce but I guess that's behind me now. Just an occasional naughty treat from here on. Sounds petty, but this is the hardest change I've had to make since diagnosis. I don't miss spuds, pasta or rice that much. But beer? OH CRUEL CRUEL WORLD :***:

Reactions: 16 people

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning All

6.3 for me on this wet, grey, miserable morning.

Thats the highest morning reading I have seen for about 2 months and I have no idea why :(

Reactions: 13 people

orchid5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fab 5.6 all day yesterday even after strawberries n cream, wake up call this am though 8.2 grrrrr.

Reactions: 12 people