greek yogurt

numan43

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Would it help if people put pics up or links to the pics of the items they're recommending?
That would be a fantastic idea alisonjane, when i look in a supermarket at the vast array of choices and think to myself that i have to read all these labels for the lowest carb one I just get overwhelmed and end up leaving with nothing

Reactions: 4 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
i quite like the rolls although the colour puts me off a bit

I'm afraid to say I can't stand the Lidl protein rolls. Like cardboard with seeds. :***: They don't like me either as my BG goes loopy when I ate them in the past. I buy their pumpkin seed rolls or spelt flour loaf instead. Both tasty & kind to my blood sugar. But, the protein rolls are very popular with many on the forum. We all have our favourites.

Another product I buy from Lidl are Dulano Pork Frikadellen. Great for snacking or 2 - 4 as the meat part of a main meal. They have 2.5gm carbs per piece and can be eaten hot or cold. They do mini versions too, plus in Turkey/Chicken & Chicken/veg varieties. Here's a pic. Hope it helps.

image.jpg

amanda19640

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaning for moanings sake!!
I must admit, although I do my main shop elsewhere, I do a detour to Lidl for their Greek Yoghurt. For me, it's head and shoulders above the rest in terms of taste and quality and it's a fraction of the costs of Asda or Tesco.

I'm fortunate I have a large larder, with additional fridge and freezer space, so buying for a month or so at a time makes sense.

Do you have a Lidl, within a short detour, perhaps?
I agree lidle is the best but prefer the Turkish one.

Reactions: 2 people