Type 2s: What have you eaten today?

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Er, a whole organic Mozzarella, because I looked at the avocado and couldn't face it. I'm about to have a couple of boiled eggs now.

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Breakfast was one slice wholemeal bread & 1ox cheddar, lunch was 4rashers grilled bacon & 2 eggs fried in butter, dinner will be grilled smoked haddock & cauliflower. Hard-boiled egg for snack. I'm on lchf diet.

Reactions: 2 people

Redsnapper

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well won't be having that again the bread sent my sugars to 12.7 and I now have a headache and sweating. Never again now that I know the bread definitely doesn't agree with me
Why not try Lidl High Protein Rolls 8.5g per 100g so roughly 11.5g per roll.i can get three slices outa one so less than 4 g per slice.Gotta be worth a shot.Or you could try baking some low carb bread?
Love your prioritisation of a bacon and egg sandwich!!! Sure you will find a way

Reactions: 6 people

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B: Boiled eggs
L: Mozzarella, pickled egg and avocado salad with home-grown herbs and tahini-peanut dressing
D: Two eggs plus a pile of button mushrooms and two grilled gluten-free Musk's Newmarket sausages

All organic except for locally-pickled eggs and the sausages which have a Royal Warrant for Her Maj.

Last edited by a moderator:

Munkki

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday:
B: Cacao zoats with nuts, seeds and coconut milk
L: Sad old piece of cabbage, shredded, with a bit of brown rice, pumkpin seeds, olive oil, tahini and a pepper
D: Small glass of kefir with cinnamon, small hand full of nuts, beef patty (burger without bun) with salad and a large glug of mayo, medium glass of red wine

I was out last night and had a BBQ meal without bun and pasta salad. It ended up being a rather small meal, but I felt okay. Later today I am going to make a large batch of meffins, preparing myself for a busy week :happy:

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Breakfast was 1 slice wholemeal bread with cheese spread, lunch was 3 low carb sausages & 2 fried eggs, dinner will be smoked haddock & ham (my favourite) I'll have a bit of cheese and 5 almonds as a snack tonight while watching tv

Viv0147

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
there isn't much I dislike maybe rude and aggressive people
3 small boiled eggs and 1 toasted slice of Burgen Soya & Linseed bread with butter

blueprudence

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Being so totally lazy. The thought of having any of my body chopped off or going blind - incentive enough to make the changes I need to prevent that, even if I have to start {gasp} exercising.
Any form of animal cruelty or abuse. Globalisation, americanisation and homogenisation of everything from our high streets to our regional dialects. Any form of injustice.
Had a sachet of Oat So Simple apple and blueberry with semi skimmed milk and a white coffee with sweetex so far today.

Love the idea of eating mozzarella for breakfast.

Large can of baked beans with 'pork' sausage for early lunch as driving up to York to buy an amp for hubby.

Am eating the same sort of food I've been having over the last year but trying to control portion size. Will then start experimenting with reducing my carbs I think. Aiming for 1300 cals a day at the moment.

photognut

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast today.
2 egg cheese omelette
handful of blueberries, raspberries 4 x strawberries and 2 x desert spoonfuls of Roddas Cornish clotted cream.
Lunch.
Home made tomato and mascarpone soup.
Dinner for tonight
Home made Pad Thai chicken with tangy almond sauce on a bed of kelp noodles.

Daily total works out to 1100 calories, 31g carbs 72g of fat 68g of protien 6g of sugar

SunnyExpat

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast, cheese and biscuits
Lunch, sardine in vinaigrette dressing with salad,
Tonight, it's Sunday lunch, roast chicken, roast yuca, gravy, roast shallots, roast garlic, corn on the cob.
Probably with a glass of red wine. ;)

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
1 slice wholemeal toast with spread cheese for breakfast, 2 home made Turkey burgers+ 1 hard boiled egg for lunch, planning on having 1 chicken leg+cold boiled ham + cauliflower cous cous for dinner, evening snack 1oz dbl Gloucester cheese+ 5 almonds - yum!

Viv0147

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
there isn't much I dislike maybe rude and aggressive people
Fasting reading 9.3

2 hours after a breakfast of 3 small scrambled eggs with cream added and 2 rashers of medallion bacon 100g of mushrooms fried in butter and 1 burgen toast 9.0

Reactions: 4 people

SunnyExpat

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Cheese, prosciutto, olives for breakfast.
A form of lasagne(?) with a pork and beef mince, using a squash type vegetable for the pasta for lunch
(one thing I do miss is the mature cheddar I used to use, rather then the local stuff)
Same squash, thin sliced, fried in butter, with a chicken stir fry in a peri peri dry sauce for dinner, followed by fruit with very cold cream.

So, a low carb day all considered.

And temperature dropping from the 30's into the mid 20's now.

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Yesterday - B 1 slice wholemeal bread butter and corned beef. L 2 home made spicy pork burger thingies+ boiled egg D Chicken leg + cauliflower cous cous Snacks 2oz cheese, 5 almonds 4 strps cold crispy bacon and another hard boiled egg. What? .....I was hungry

SunnyExpat

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast.

Mate came over, so

Bacon!!!!
real Tesco bacon, with mushrooms, and tomatoes. Bliss.

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
B 1 slice wholemeal toast with cheese slice. L. 2 Turkey burgers+ 1/4 friatta D will be cold roast beef with cauli cous cous fried in butter. Snacks 1oz cheese supper will be 1ozcheese+ 5 almonds

Montyshrew

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
White bread
Breakfast: 2 slices of wholemeal bread and bowl of Bran flakes.

Stemar

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi All,

I hope your all in good health and living life with a positive attitude, as I beleive that it will help to get in front of this condition, so I wish you all good luck.

BGL's: Before 11.8,
Breakfast, 06:30 Hrs, 3 Eggs, milk, tumeric, parsley and cayane pepper, plus 2 slices of Flaxseed and Quinoa Toast, a cup of coffee with 1 spoon of sugar.
BGL's: After 10.3.

BGL's: Before 9.8,
Lunch, 13:00 Hrs, 2 boiled Eggs,
BGL's After 9.6,

BGL's Before 10.6,
Dinner, 18:00 Hrs, Piece of Salmon fried in butter, also brussel sprouts fried in butter and 2 handfuls of Blanched Spinich Leaves and Pumpkin Mash. 1 Cup of coffee with 1 spoon of sugar.
BGL's After 11.3.

I understand my numbers are still a bit high, but they are a lot lower than what they were when I commenced this LCHF Diet, so I hope they continue to go down as they have been, my last long term blood test result was 9% over 4 months, and I'm due for my next one in about 6 weeks, which I'm looking forward to as my BGL's for the last period were in the high teens and twenties, this time their been in the low teens and high tens, so I should get a good reading.