Changed from Victoza to Bydureon - Suspicious

BrianSkye

I have been on Victoza for nearly two years and found it very successful, more so than the Metformin and Gliclazide, at controlling my BG. However it rapidly became necessary to use it at the 1.8mg dose level. Suddenly, out of the blue at a review with the diabetic nurse, they have practically forced/browbeat me into changing to Bydureon. My the pens are big! I just took delivery of my first batch.
Thing is, before I went on to Victoza I already trialled Byetta and found it to be ineffective. Does anyone know why they are insisting on changing me to Bydureon because I can't get a straight answer out of the nurse, she seems totally impervious to logic. I actually got minimally shirty with her and the floating doctor she had brought with her and managed to get a promise that if Bydureon didn't work I could go back to Victoza, though I'm not sure what the promise is worth. I'm suspicious, as always, that cost may be behind this, does anyone know if that might be it? I'm the first at my GP practice to be put on to it.
All info gratefully received.
Brian

BlueTwist

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
I once read that the higher dose of 1.8mg was more likely to cause pancreatitis and other complications.

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.