Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Thanks Clive,
I'm only walking for exercise but have increased to a few miles a day. I've lost all the weight I need to lose and even my GP is concerned that I don't lose any more. BMI about 20 and still falling so portion size I've had to increase recently but watching it very carefully. I don't want to put on any weight as I'm sure that has helped me get my bloods under control. I don't have snacks just 3 meals a day and up until now I have weighed everything and recorded. I'm just starting to relax a bit but that doesn't mean I'm going to eat madly. I only test meals that are different or larger portions and so far no problems with blood sugar levels. I've seen so much improvement in my foot so I may need to be patient. I can live with it as it is now just hopeful that I could get to totallyy normal. Many thanks.

Reactions: 2 people

Bagpuss Lives!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
GP s here have protocols for neuropathy pain management. 1st is Duloxetine, other options include Amitriptyline, Gabapentin, Pregabalin. I'm on Amitriptyline 40mg at night; this drug is licenced for neuropathy up to a dose of 50mg/day. I also take co-codamol 15/500 2tabs up to x4 doses daily. This mostly manages it, although there are good & bad days. I am never pain free though.