there isn't much I dislike maybe rude and aggressive people
Calories
Carbohydrates 87 g
20 %
Fat 135 g
70 %
Protein 43 g
10 %
would these proportions be about right to lower my BS and lose weight I am a 16 stone male and aged 67 please advise if not what would you suggest Thanks

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
Your signature says you're aiming for a LCHF diet. If so, I would personally consider 87g to be way too many carbohydrates. I aim for 35g of carbs. I would also up your protein target. I don't think 43g for someone of your size is enough - if I were you I'd be aiming for at least 100g.

Carbs & protein have 4 calories per gramme. Fat has 9 per gramme. So the target you set yourself is :-

carbs - 87 x 4 = 348
protein - 43 x 4 = 172
fats - 135 x 9 = 1215
Total calories = 1735.

That would be too much for me to eat but I'm a very small man. For a man who is bigger than average it might be about right as a total. You say you're 16 stone but you don't say how much weight you need to lose so we can't really say what a good calorie level would be. I suspect it might be higher.

I get the feeling you might find yourself feeling a bit too hungry on the diet you've suggested. Less carbs, more protein and more fats is what I'd do.

Of course, if you're not following LCHF then SweetLucie's comments might be more to your taste.

I've been on LCHF for 6 weeks. I've lost about ten pounds on it and I don't get hungry.