first eye screening

amanda19640

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaning for moanings sake!!
Hi everyone, been for my first eye screening tod, and eyes feel really sore, its now five hrs ago and still a bit blurry and really achey when I move them around! Is this normal and has anyone had that?

oldman1954

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
people who dont signal when they are turning left or right.
Hi amanda ..i had no ill effects when i had mine done but then perhaps i`m just abnormal lol ..but you could try bathing them with warm water may be this will help

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
@amanda19640, the effects of the dilating drops can take several hours to disappear, as your pupils are dilated they do become more sensitive to light and this may explain the soreness, but it goes without saying if your concerned then do seek medical advice.

Reactions: 2 people

amanda19640

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi amanda ..i had no ill effects when i had mine done but then perhaps i`m just abnormal lol ..but you could try bathing them with warm water may be this will help
Thanks for the reply

amanda19640

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
@amanda19640, the effects of the dilating drops can take several hours to disappear, as your pupils are dilated they do become more sensitive to light and this may explain the soreness, but it goes without saying if your concerned then do seek medical advice.
Thanks, will see how the feel later iv taken some pain killers, so see how I go

Curly604

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
After my fist eye screening I was exactly the same wasn't until I had slept and woke up next day that everything was back to normal. The paper they gave me said effects can be 6-8hours so give it some time :)

amanda19640

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
After my fist eye screening I was exactly the same wasn't until I had slept and woke up next day that everything was back to normal. The paper they gave me said effects can be 6-8hours so give it some time :)
Ah well that's a relief feel like iv been kicked in the head! Thanks for reply

BlueTwist

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Yes it can take a while for the side effects to wear off. Trying wearing some sunglasses to reduce the effect light will have.