Rotation of sites

Topher

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, just seeing how long people leave a site before they use it again, I use the same 8 sites, so it's approximately about 24 days before I use the same one again

I am just wondering is this too much, or about right, I just don't want to over use my sites then making them bad etc

Thanks

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Not sure on a time-scale, I just rotate regularly and keep well away from sites where I've had previous issues. You will know if you've left sufficient time going by the insulin absorption and your bg levels.

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
I start just below my ribs and work along that row then move down and so on until that side is finished then move over to the other side and start again, so many weeks before I go back to the start again.

MushyPeaBrain

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I do the same as Carbsrok. I am small so I have about 4-5 sites in each area, which gives me approx 36-45 days before I get to the same site again. I also take a biotin supplement and use bio oil on those areas to promote healing.

Hope that helps :)

iHs

I am short so there is not a lot of room on my tummy for infusion sets to be inserted except just above my naval and below. My saving grace is that I very rarely ever did any pen injections into my tummy. It was backside for the larger twice daily and then basal injections and arms for smaller twice daily and bolus jabs.

My arms now are a no go for infusion sets as they have got thinner but still ok for pen injections 4mm. Legs are very variable and backside where basal and twice daily went is no go. Very top backside is ok at the moment.