The SCREAM thread

S

Sable_Jan

Oooh, something has been agitating two of my doggies on and off all afternoon....been running up and down neighbours side of their run all stressed and barky..had to shut them in briefly...they DO have a pup but their side of that fence has a HUGE bush down the side if it...they're getting used to kids screaming tho still bark at other distant dog barks...mayb neighbours voice they don't like ;)

S

Sable_Jan

We have an eleven year old nextdoor who plays football in the hall at 9.30/10pm.

This morning it sounded like he was using a skateboard. Am I wrong to hope he falls off and hurts himself?
As long as you don't wish serious harm....just enough to stop him playing in the hall......;)

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Getting old and diabetese
I live several miles away from M/C airport and don't usually have a problem with planes but today they have been driving us mad:arghh: they've been flying right over our building which is most unusual as we are not even on the flightpath. Heaven help those who are because the b..... things come in and go out less than a minute apart that's a lot of planes in a day, had to keep windows closed and up the tv/radio, hope they put silent ones on overnight:hilarious: or I will not be in a good mood in the morning, I'm not in a very good one right now & tired :arghh: argh :arghh:
I don't want to scream too loud because of all the lovely people asleep already :arghh::bigtears::arghh::blackeye::arghh::bigtears::arghh::bigtears::arghh::bigtears::arghh::bigtears::arghh::bigtears::arghh::bigtears::arghh::bigtears::arghh::bigtears::arghh::bigtears::arghh::bigtears::arghh::arghh::blackeye::arghh::bigtears:

Reactions: 4 people

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
I live several miles away from M/C airport and don't usually have a problem with planes but today they have been driving us mad:arghh: they've been flying right over our building which is most unusual as we are not even on the flightpath. Heaven help those who are because the b..... things come in and go out less than a minute apart that's a lot of planes in a day, had to keep windows closed and up the tv/radio, hope they put silent ones on overnight:hilarious: or I will not be in a good mood in the morning, I'm not in a very good one right now & tired :arghh: argh :arghh:
I don't want to scream too loud because of all the lovely people asleep already :arghh::bigtears::arghh::blackeye::arghh::bigtears::arghh::bigtears::arghh::bigtears::arghh::bigtears::arghh::bigtears::arghh::bigtears::arghh::bigtears::arghh::bigtears::arghh::bigtears::arghh::bigtears::arghh::arghh::blackeye::arghh::bigtears:
Aw I feel your pain :( You might want to call noise control, because if they are flying beyond their approved flight path area, there might be a way to stop them, or at least for them to be fined.

Reactions: 2 people
S

Sable_Jan

Aw, poohtiggy, hope you slept eventually.....used to.live near British Aerospace where they build and test jets. Luckily not too many in a day. Used to be fascinated watching when there were two up at once....looked like they were playing chase ;)
Took one of dogs a,walk once and was closer to runway than usual....one was hovering a few feet up.....must have been half to a mile away....dog was barking, stood right next to me and it was strange to see her open her mouth, give big barks, and not hear a sound ....
Fingers crossed for a better day today

N

NicolaB70

Next doors Charlie is in the garden, and boy has he got a temper on him! Not getting his own way and SCREAMING. I know it's not fashionable but a smack on the bottom didn't leave me or mine
traumatised. Trying to be reasonable with a 3yr old really doesn't work. Will have to close back door before I go out & say something
Bit late with this, sorry. One side has 3 yr old Reggie, spoilt little brat who always gets his own way and don't we and the whole neighbourhood know it when he occasionally doesn't. There again his mother is just as loud and trashy. Other side there are 4 kids aged 2, 4, 6 and 8. They can be loud and a lot of the time you can hear them screaming, crying or banging. They are nice kids but twice now they've climbed over the fence into our garden and one of the times the eldest one even strolled into my house.

Reactions: 3 people

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
Bit late with this, sorry. One side has 3 yr old Reggie, spoilt little brat who always gets his own way and don't we and the whole neighbourhood know it when he occasionally doesn't. There again his mother is just as loud and trashy. Other side there are 4 kids aged 2, 4, 6 and 8. They can be loud and a lot of the time you can hear them screaming, crying or banging. They are nice kids but twice now they've climbed over the fence into our garden and one of the times the eldest one even strolled into my house.
Grrr, that would be so annoying! I am so glad I don't live next door to people like this.

Reactions: 7 people
C

chris lowe

Cheeky beggar!

Reactions: 7 people

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Aw, poohtiggy, hope you slept eventually.....used to.live near British Aerospace where they build and test jets. Luckily not too many in a day. Used to be fascinated watching when there were two up at once....looked like they were playing chase ;)
Took one of dogs a,walk once and was closer to runway than usual....one was hovlering a few feet up.....must have been half to a mile away....dog was barking, stood right next to me and it was strange to see her open her mouth, give big barks, and not hear a sound ....
Fingers crossed for a better day today
I did get a good sleep thanks but think it was because I was absolutel cream crackered. It's been less noisy today thank goodness, our local councillor lives in my road and has approached the airport on numerous occasions because the planes come overhead sometimes and as I said, we are not on the flight path so theh are way off course. Maybe it's just particular pilots that don't know north from west:rolleyes:
Jan Hope you didn't get too wet

Nichola Hope your hands are ok

Eddie Hope you enjoyed your trip out

Reactions: 6 people
S

Sable_Jan

The cheek if it!!!!!!

S

Sable_Jan

I did get a good sleep thanks but think it was because I was absolutel cream crackered. It's been less noisy today thank goodness, our local councillor lives in my road and has approached the airport on numerous occasions because the planes come overhead sometimes and as I said, we are not on the flight path so theh are way off course. Maybe it's just particular pilots that don't know north from west:rolleyes:
Jan Hope you didn't get too wet

Nichola Hope your hands are ok

Eddie Hope you enjoyed your trip out
Fortunately, no. Tree is good shelter much of the time.....

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cheeky brat some of the kids have a nerve

Reactions: 6 people

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Someone said some things to me last night that were upsetting, I don't want to go into it really. I have just tried really hard to rise above it, put it out of my mind etc. But I didn't get to sleep until 2am then woke up at 6am and now I feel yuck. I have a chronic pain and fatigue condition, and stress makes it flare up, so I try really hard to avoid situations like this. And to use reason and logic and to speak up for myself... it fell on deaf ears this time.

In the past I would have taken some medication that I have on hand for anxiety (quetiapine) but while the stuff is great for anxiety it is pants for blood sugar. It causes intense carb cravings (for me) and I have been doing so well in the last 10 days restarting LCHF after a long break from it. I've already lost 2kg (4lb), and have been feeling much better than when I was eating lots of carbs.

I wasn't going to let another person's behaviour drive me towards carbs. So yay me for being strong, right? :)

I am going to have some berries, full fat greek yoghurt, ground flaxseeds, and thickened cream for breakfast, that always cheers me up, lol.

Thanks for your support, guys. In terms of managing my blood sugars I don't know what I would do without this site.

S

Sable_Jan

Someone said some things to me last night that were upsetting, I don't want to go into it really. I have just tried really hard to rise above it, put it out of my mind etc. But I didn't get to sleep until 2am then woke up at 6am and now I feel yuck. I have a chronic pain and fatigue condition, and stress makes it flare up, so I try really hard to avoid situations like this. And to use reason and logic and to speak up for myself... it fell on deaf ears this time.

In the past I would have taken some medication that I have on hand for anxiety (quetiapine) but while the stuff is great for anxiety it is pants for blood sugar. It causes intense carb cravings (for me) and I have been doing so well in the last 10 days restarting LCHF after a long break from it. I've already lost 2kg (4lb), and have been feeling much better than when I was eating lots of carbs.

I wasn't going to let another person's behaviour drive me towards carbs. So yay me for being strong, right? :)

I am going to have some berries, full fat greek yoghurt, ground flaxseeds, and thickened cream for breakfast, that always cheers me up, lol.

Thanks for your support, guys. In terms of managing my blood sugars I don't know what I would do without this site.
One up for you girl. As some would say in the UK "don't let the b*stards grind you down".
It's hard to stay strong when nasty things have been said and all too easy to run for the "comfort blanket" be it sweet sticky food, thick slices if fresh bread with tons of butter, a good stiff drink BUT tell ya what girl, despite losing sleep over it (which makes resistance 10 times harder) you've stuck it out and stayed strong. We'll done :) I'm proud of you..... :)
PS The bread is my personal downfall ;)

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
One up for you girl. As some would say in the UK "don't let the b*stards grind you down".
It's hard to stay strong when nasty things have been said and all too easy to run for the "comfort blanket" be it sweet sticky food, thick slices if fresh bread with tons of butter, a good stiff drink BUT tell ya what girl, despite losing sleep over it (which makes resistance 10 times harder) you've stuck it out and stayed strong. We'll done :) I'm proud of you..... :)
PS The bread is my personal downfall ;)
Aw thanks Jan you are so sweet :)

Yeah if I had given in last night it would have been bread with lashings of honey (!) and probably ice cream too. My go to comfort food was always caramel slice from a cafe... basically pure sugar, lol.

N

NicolaB70

Another big scream to add to my post #786. After returning home from an hospital appointment yesterday, said builders van was once again parked in my disabled bay. My husband was absolutely furious as there were plenty of other parking spaces and he still parked in bay. My husband done something he's not done before, he parked up so close to the back of the van so that the doors couldn't be open. Just as we were about to get out of car the builder came out of the house he's working in and saw how we'd parked, glared at us and stood there shaking his head. I then got angry, grabbed my blue badge and showed it to him. He gestured that he would move so hubby reversed to let him out and we pulled into bay. I normally use my crutches to get from car to house but my husband said I'm getting your wheelchair out of the boot and pushing you to house. The builder was standing at the back of his van glaring and just shaking his head at us. *** he was the one in the wrong yet it looked like he thought it was us. In hindsight maybe my husband shouldn't of parked so close to the back of his van but he shouldn't of parked there. He's lucky, I could of quite easily reported him then he would of have a £1000 on the spot fine for illegally parking....maybe next time he does it...

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Definitely report him next time, ( I would of said to the builder about the fine and also informed the police) it's unacceptable for a professional builder to have such a disregard for a disabled parking area, threaten him with the police as well :mad::banghead::arghh: Try and have a peaceful weekend X

Reactions: 5 people
N

NicolaB70

Definitely report him next time, ( I would of said to the builder about the fine and also informed the police) it's unacceptable for a professional builder to have such a disregard for a disabled parking area, threaten him with the police as well :mad::banghead::arghh: Try and have a peaceful weekend X
He's parked out there now on double yellow lines!!!! He can't park in the bay today as my husband has gone to work in his little mini. It will be interesting to see if he parks in it again though when the bay is empty. If he had of said something yesterday I would of told him that I could of reportied him and he would be fined for parking there but he didn't speak. Plain ruddy ignorance

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
He's parked out there now on double yellow lines!!!! He can't park in the bay today as my husband has gone to work in his little mini. It will be interesting to see if he parks in it again though when the bay is empty. If he had of said something yesterday I would of told him that I could of reportied him and he would be fined for parking there but he didn't speak. Plain ruddy ignorance

If brains were Smarties, he wouldn't have enough to fill a tube, seems an ignorant, crass individual Nicola.