Contraceptive injection (Depo)

cookiesT2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Would like to ask if any other type 2 ladies have the contraceptive injection (Depo) and if they think it affects their blood sugar levels and eating patterns. I was due to have it again on 31St August actually having it on Friday (4th September) last week and more so this week I seem to be always hungry. Today for example had my lunch(fish with cauliflower and green beans) and within half an hour I was starving more so than I was before lunch. I then ate half a dozen or so cream ginger biscuits. When I got home from work at half three I checked my blood sugar 5.2? I've done so well over last four month eating low carb and losing weight. Worried in falling off the wagon and going to pile it back on. What I want to know is could it be hormones and because the injection is running low so to speak. Thanks in advance.

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
I have never had the depo but I know it can cause weight gain and increases the risk of blood clots in some women.

In my experience IUCDs are a safer, better form of contraception. More convenient, fewer risks. But that's just my opinion.