Pump DAFNE course

LisaBuzz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi, I wonder if anyone can tell me the difference between DAFNE course and the pump DAFNE. I have been on the DAFNE course and have been asked if I could go on the pump DAFNE. Just wondering how different it could be if this makes sense. I have worn a pump for about 5 years and it works well for me

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Structured education is a requirement for a pump. In my case I did regular DAFNE and then a short course just about pumps. Pump DAFNE is DAFNE with pumps so it combines the two. But the DAFNE part will all be old hat to you.

Reactions: 3 people

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Doesn't really make sense to me if you've had a pump 5 years and already done DAFNE.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Did the DAFNE course a good few years ago but didn't have to do the another course prior to changing to a pump, I just had some one-to-one sessions with my DSN discussing basal rates and pump settings and then a session with the pump rep on the change over day.

I'm sure you too could discuss the basics with your DSN without having to do another course, if you purchase the book Pumping Insulin it just about covers everything you need to know and is a handy book to look back on when unsure of anything.

Reactions: 3 people