Milk. Which is best?

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I gave up yogurt, cottage cheese, and kefir very recently, because they don't work as well as cream at combating Dawn Phenomenon for me. Full fat milk started to taste 'thin' in tea.

I'm trying all kinds of new teas now and drinking them without milk.
For the first time in my adult life I can breathe easily through my nose.

There is another kind of milk, which is called a2 milk and it comes from cows which don't produce A1 protein. Carbs are 4.8g per 100ml and protein 3.4g per 100ml. Ocado sells it as whole or semi-skimmed fresh milk in 1 litre sizes only for £1.39 or £1.25 with SmartPass.

SunnyExpat

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I gave up yogurt, cottage cheese, and kefir very recently, because they don't work as well as cream at combating Dawn Phenomenon for me. Full fat milk started to taste 'thin' in tea.

I'm trying all kinds of new teas now and drinking them without milk.
For the first time in my adult life I can breathe easily through my nose.

There is another kind of milk, which is called a2 milk and it comes from cows which don't produce A1 protein. Carbs are 4.8g per 100ml and protein 3.4g per 100ml. Ocado sells it as whole or semi-skimmed fresh milk in 1 litre sizes only for £1.39 or £1.25 with SmartPass.

Let's eat all the A1 cows?

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Some people tolerate goat's milk better, evidently. You can find it and the butter in most supermarkets now.

I tried the Vrai Greek-style organic French sheep's milk from Abel & Cole - 10% fat, much more fat than Yeo Valley Greek-style and just as delicious.

andreaabbott1

just a quick question because I love cream in coffee but surely the cream is high in fat?
same as whole milk and isnt fat turned into blood glucose when you have type 2

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Butter and cream are high in fat so low in lactose (milk sugar) and also low on the Insulin Index. If fat instantly turned to glucose, none of the low carbers on this forum would be eating it ! Milk is high on the Insulin Index because of its proteins and it has lactose, but whole milk has the most fat. Lactose-free milks will have zero lactose but may still be just as high as other milks on the Insulin Index.