Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ah, @mo53
You have been keeping going.
Well done.
I have managed, at last, to get back to the pool and managed 40 minutes of aquafit, Very tentatively, today.

Reactions: 3 people

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Pipp . Well done! That's brilliant! To be honest this thread helps me to think and focus on exercise. :)

Reactions: 2 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Pipp . Well done! That's brilliant! To be honest this thread helps me to think and focus on exercise. :)
I need to remember than before I can (front) crawl I have to at least try to do a bit of doggy paddle!
Pacing oneself important. Slow progress and knowing limitations.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Clivethedrive if you haven't done Arthur's seat I would recommend it .

My eyes are fine except my prescription has changed and I need new varifocals ... Loads of money
I thought Arthur's seat sounded better than numb bum!:D

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hey, where are you all? It is not autumn yet, so come and keep @mo53 company.
I have been to the pool again today 40 mins aquafit and 10 mins gentle swim.
Trying not to overdo it and set myself back again.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Pipp well done! That sounds like hard work,! Your braver than me I haven't tried Aquafit yet.

Today I visited Eden Camp and it was brilliant. Well worth a visit if you are up here in Yorkshire. We there for 4 and a half hours and were walking all of the time except 30 minutes for lunch. It was stop , start but still walking. :)

Reactions: 4 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Hi all, usual 10 miles on the exercise bike, 50 situps, and half an hour heavy weights

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Pipp well done! That sounds like hard work,! Your braver than me I haven't tried Aquafit yet.

Today I visited Eden Camp and it was brilliant. Well worth a visit if you are up here in Yorkshire. We there for 4 and a half hours and were walking all of the time except 30 minutes for lunch. It was stop , start but still walking. :)
Aquafit really isn't that hard a work out. Although the aqua coach knows how far to push each of us. In the deep water it is much less stress on joints than trying to walk, so keeps me happy.

I have been to Eden camp. It was about 20 years ago. Perhaps I will try to get there again sometime. A full day is only just enough time to get round it all.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everyone. I'm not doing well today. My exercise will have to be walking to bus stop and from shop to doctors and then repeating this this afternoon. I seem to have rather a painful flare up gout in my knee today. I need to go back to pick up a prescription for painkillers. It's a real nuisance but never mind I'm having a visit from my 2 year old grandson tomorrow morning so providing knee has settled down I'm sure he will give me enough exercise to make up. :)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everyone. I'm not doing well today. My exercise will have to be walking to bus stop and from shop to doctors and then repeating this this afternoon. I seem to have rather a painful flare up gout in my knee today. I need to go back to pick up a prescription for painkillers. It's a real nuisance but never mind I'm having a visit from my 2 year old grandson tomorrow morning so providing knee has settled down I'm sure he will give me enough exercise to make up. :)
Hope you soon get the knee sorted, @mo53.

My exercise today has been pottering in garden, sweeping patios and using the garden furniture as gym equipment. I sat down for some of the exercise as shown by physio, chair based exercises.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done @Pipp . I bet you felt the exercises from the physio! Your pottering in the garden sounds good fun. :)

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello. :)
Well today I played with my grandson in the garden even though it was really cold. I then went swimming for 35 minutes and did 25 lengths! :)

shez

Hi
I am new to this but in May at my yearly check up it wasn't good numbers up bp up so I decided to get fit and set myself a goal a 5k Gauntlet games event
So boxercise twice a week cutting down on the rubbish my numbers have all dropped down as has my clothes size 4 sizes down and yesterday I completed the 5k mud run and nope I didn't run it all more a speed walk but I was up to my neck in mud and it was great
So now to set my next goal !!!!!!

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Hi
I am new to this but in May at my yearly check up it wasn't good numbers up bp up so I decided to get fit and set myself a goal a 5k Gauntlet games event
So boxercise twice a week cutting down on the rubbish my numbers have all dropped down as has my clothes size 4 sizes down and yesterday I completed the 5k mud run and nope I didn't run it all more a speed walk but I was up to my neck in mud and it was great
So now to set my next goal !!!!!!
Off to a muddy start, well done shez, keep em coming

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Hi , did my usual 10 miles on exercise bike , 30 mins weights and 6 sets of situps x10

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1441742126.517626.jpg

Guess who was in the paper today ... Me in my purple frock .
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1441742197.131689.jpg

The paper has made me motivated again lol