Type 1 and Coeliac Disease

Lornieloo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi

I'm Type 1, on an insulin pump, and Coeliac. I have 2 slices of GF Genius brown bread for breakfast- but this week bought a loaf that said 'new recipe' on it. The packet says the carbs are the same per slice (16g), but the last 3 days I've eaten the new bread, about an hour later my sugars are sky high- 12-17. Anyone else experiencing similar... or maybe it's just me!

Usually my post breakfast numbers are 6-9.

Thanks.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I'd be inclined to go back to Genius Bread given those postprandial bg readings.

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
would you normally check an hour after eating? are you bolusing at the same time?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi, I found this on line by Googling, it says it's reduced the salt content and calories. Reading your post something is obviously affecting you, so it would need to be a process of elimination. Do you feel well, any worry or stress, less activity than normal, Is your pump working properly, new medications etc. It could be many things, I don't eat Genius, I found Be good is lower in carbs and handy when and if needed. Good luck, I hope you can find out what the problem is soon. If it's still on going that email Genius, with your concerns. Best wishes RRB

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Doubt it's the bread do a simple basal test.

Lexi_1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mushrooms, Rude people, Snakes
Hi I'm not on a pump yet, but I am a coeliac, I would also be inclined to probably say it isn't the bread. Has anything changed for you in the past few days? I think if it were me I'd possibly try some of the things that @Robinredbreast suggested. Hope this helps