Are these low carb?

Montyshrew

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
White bread
Some of these recipes appear to be high carbs but are on the Diabetes UK website. Am I hearing one thing and seeing another from different Diabetes websites?
Now ''white carbs are a big no for anyone with the conditon or wanting to live healthily, but are these here high carb ''good carb'' recipies?

https://www.diabetes.org.uk/Guide-to-diabetes/Recipes/

C

catherinecherub

Nobody can tell you what you can and cannot eat @Montyshrew as we are individuals. The only way for you to know is to test your blood sugars before and 2 hours after a meal and see how much they rise. Some people are able to tolerate more carbs than others.

Have you got a meter and test strips?

Reactions: 2 people

Montyshrew

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
White bread
Nobody can tell you what you can and cannot eat @Montyshrew as we are individuals. The only way for you to know is to test your blood sugars before and 2 hours after a meal and see how much they rise. Some people are able to tolerate more carbs than others.

Have you got a meter and test strips?
But professionals are supposed to advise you and it's up to me to follow it.
I have not had anything to test my blood myself and have no idea what my levels are. I wouldn't know if I was doing well or not. The only marker I have is how I feel since I changed my diet to what I believed was good for fighting Diabetes. Exercising along with a low salt, sugar and high fiber diet and low bad fat food to counter the Cholesterol is what I was advised upon by my Nurse it will have been almost Six Months before I can find out if this working as this is when I get my next Glucose blood test. It was only until I came here that I found that wholegrain, Brown rice and Oats might be doing me more harm than good.

catinahat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reality tv
But professionals are supposed to advise you and it's up to me to follow it.
I have not had anything to test my blood myself and have no idea what my levels are. I wouldn't know if I was doing well or not. The only marker I have is how I feel since I changed my diet to what I believed was good for fighting Diabetes. Exercising along with a low salt, sugar and high fiber diet and low bad fat food to counter the Cholesterol is what I was advised upon by my Nurse it will have been almost Six Months before I can find out if this working as this is when I get my next Glucose blood test. It was only until I came here that I found that wholegrain, Brown rice and Oats might be doing me more harm than good.

Copied from dietdoctor.com
Become Your Own Evidence
More and more people no longer trust propaganda from the pharmaceutical industry or poorly updated experts. They’re taking command of their own health. There’s a big change underway that can lead to a healthier future for very many people.

Are you confused and don’t know what to think? That’s OK. There’s a simple way to find out what effect a low-carbohydrate diet has on you.

Try it. Try it yourself for a few weeks and monitor the effect. Here are some examples of what you can expect:

Take command of your own health and test for yourself:

Reactions: 4 people