Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Reactions: 8 people

skal

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That's fab news!! After watching Jamie's sugar rush last night, I'm hoping the knowledge will keep increasing as just eliminating sugar will make a huge difference to people who do not need low carbing as a health care tool.

Reactions: 4 people

SunnyExpat

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Walls' ready to eat range sounded like it'll be interesting in terms of health.

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The Grocer is running a series of articles on how breakfast is changing. Sales of some cereals are falling, consumers are more clued up on sugar and DIY breakfasts are increasingly common, with people making their own muesli and granola from ingredients.

Also increasing is the popularity of cooked breakfasts

http://www.thegrocer.co.uk/reports/...-as-protein-craze-gathers-pace/523353.article
Good to see the message is finally filtering through. It is long over due that people are seeing the unhealthy cereals for what they are....carb and sugar overloads and going back to traditional healthier options. All we need now is our gps and DN to see the same and give out the correct advice ;)

Southbeds

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I just had three boiled eggs with buttered solders. made from,a half sliced Lidl roll

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Gotta get myself to Lidl and try some of these linseed (flax) rolls.

Reactions: 2 people

hels

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
We moved recently so I actually went through our cupboards and chucked out packs of cereal that were a couple years out of date. We don't eat cereal but I used to make sure we had some for guests however I have now decided that guests will eat as we do - they can have eggs in whatever form or cooked breakfast.

Reactions: 3 people

oldman1954

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
people who dont signal when they are turning left or right.
You can`t beat a good cooked breakfast to start the day with a lidi roll ;)

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was ten when my father was diagnosed with high blood pressure and high cholesterol and we were switched to demi-skimmed milk, porridge or Rice Krispies and only allowed a cooked breakfast on Christmas Day.

Weekend breakfasts now often involve bacon, sausages, mushrooms, fried eggs, Black Pudding and for OH baked beans.