Doctors update

amanda19640

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaning for moanings sake!!
Well I have been to see the doc who called me morbidly obese a month ago, (14st) for results of my liver & thyroid plus's a check on my blood pressure as it was rather high. He was astounded at me loosing 13llb in 5 weeks, my results were normal & my blood pressure was spot on, he said I should be an ambassador for the diabetes clinic!! I told him about you lovely people & all the help I have had, and about my lchf diet & glucose monitor he was all in favour which was good. Got 2 have my Hb1 done at end of month and he expects it to be 45 as appose to 63 last month! Hope it is

Reactions: 23 people

catinahat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reality tv
well-done-star.jpg

oldman1954

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
people who dont signal when they are turning left or right.
Well I have been to see the doc who called me morbidly obese a month ago, (14st) for results of my liver & thyroid plus's a check on my blood pressure as it was rather high. He was astounded at me loosing 13llb in 5 weeks, my results were normal & my blood pressure was spot on, he said I should be an ambassador for the diabetes clinic!! I told him about you lovely people & all the help I have had, and about my lchf diet & glucose monitor he was all in favour which was good. Got 2 have my Hb1 done at end of month and he expects it to be 45 as appose to 63 last month! Hope it is
A big well done keep it going :D

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That's brilliant - well done you! Keep up the good work and do keep us informed of your progress, it's really good to hear success stories like this. :)

Reactions: 2 people

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Tremendous and good to hear the GP didn't try to put down the low-carb diet.

Pink_Minx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Isn't it lovely when you see the results of your hard work? Well done, you. :joyful:

Reactions: 2 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Really well done Amanda.

What did your Doc base his estimations of your HbA1c on? Was it from your meter readings, or some less scientific method?

I just wanted to say that my meter readings and HbA1c scores aren't massively aligned. Don't get me wrong, I have excellent results on both fronts, but only after a few HbA1c results could I guestimate my next result, and that's because I sort of know what to add on. My HbA1c is higher than my finger pricks, and the Libre sensor would suggest. It's all a puzzle sometimes. :)

Again, very well done on your progress.

amanda19640

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaning for moanings sake!!
Really well done Amanda.

What did your Doc base his estimations of your HbA1c on? Was it from your meter readings, or some less scientific method?

I just wanted to say that my meter readings and HbA1c scores aren't massively aligned. Don't get me wrong, I have excellent results on both fronts, but only after a few HbA1c results could I guestimate my next result, and that's because I sort of know what to add on. My HbA1c is higher than my finger pricks, and the Libre sensor would suggest. It's all a puzzle sometimes. :)

Again, very well done on your progress.
Thank u everyone 4 ur well wishes x I'm not sure what he based his estimation of hb1 on must just b on what I told him I think

Sirmione

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Donald Trump
Wow ! Most impressed ! :)

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
That's really good news, am so pleased for you !! Hope your GP takes on board what you said about this forum, have seen a couple on here and we could do with more, to see how we're managing our diabetes.