Type 2 Life

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
I'm hoping you don't have peripheral neuropathy @Alisonjane10 , cos my experience with it has been horrible. I have it in one leg following an injury to my shin, and have been shocked how much it can hurt :( I now use Lidocaine patches on the affected area as well as taking carbamazepine.

Oh, that's horrible @Alzebra. I hope I can catch this early to prevent it getting worse. Wishing you well hun.

Reactions: 2 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Thank you for the information @catherinecherub. I'll take some time & check through the links that you've given. Very kind of you.

Reactions: 2 people

Gravity-Carb

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope you folks are having a good Thursday. BG 5.0 fasting this morning. Feeling pretty shabby today though. Puking for England & there's a **** rock concert going on inside my head. Hmmm...lovely! :confused: Blooming cold, rainy & dull in Newcastle. Plus, I've got a weird burning sensation in my big toes. All in all, a blooming horrible day. Hope you're having a better one than me. Best wishes and good health everyone. :bag:

View attachment 15444

Get better soon hun

Reactions: 4 people

photognut

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all
5.4 this morning - off shopping to Clarks Village, Street with Daughter, this is going to cost me, I can see it coming :eek:

Reactions: 8 people

Alzebra

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
FBG 4.5 this morning, I think that's my lowest ever :wideyed: I think it's down to the fact I really couldn't be bothered to cook a meal for myself last night (Mr Al and the Al-ettes were out) so I ate 50g of dry roasted peanuts and a small chunk of cheddar. Very LCHF :D

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Happy Friday everyone. Rather overcast in Newcastle, but not too cold thankfully. Unfortunately, I've still got a burning sensation in my big toes, & I'm a bit under the weather, but hey...it's a good excuse to put my feet up & watch daytime TV. Bliss. :happy: Weird BG today. Woke up to a 5.7 fasting. Had a nice cooked breakfast, followed 2 hours later with a BG of 4.5mmols. Don't usually have the time or the inclination for a cooked brekkie, but the hubby offered to cook me one. I've got a gem of a hubby. Big daft, footy mad, hairy Geordie. But so supportive with my Type 2. I imagine it must be hard to manage diabetes without the support of your other half. We all have days when being diabetic is hard work physically & emotionally. Depression is something well recognised as a psychological consequence for SOME people with this disease. We will all have our coping mechanism. For me, family support is enormously helpful. My beautiful Great-Niece knows I have "poorly blood" & "can't eat Smarties." Lol. She made this for me. I wanted to share it.
Have a good day folks. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 6 people

Gravity-Carb

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy Friday everyone. Rather overcast in Newcastle, but not too cold thankfully. Unfortunately, I've still got a burning sensation in my big toes, & I'm a bit under the weather, but hey...it's a good excuse to put my feet up & watch daytime TV. Bliss. :happy: Weird BG today. Woke up to a 5.7 fasting. Had a nice cooked breakfast, followed 2 hours later with a BG of 4.5mmols. Don't usually have the time or the inclination for a cooked brekkie, but the hubby offered to cook me one. I've got a gem of a hubby. Big daft, footy mad, hairy Geordie. But so supportive with my Type 2. I imagine it must be hard to manage diabetes without the support of your other half. We all have days when being diabetic is hard work physically & emotionally. Depression is something well recognised as a psychological consequence for SOME people with this disease. We will all have our coping mechanism. For me, family support is enormously helpful. My beautiful Great-Niece knows I have "poorly blood" & "can't eat Smarties." Lol. She made this for me. I wanted to share it.
Have a good day folks. :)

Your Great Niece is toooo cute!!!

Family support can make or break us. Gutted your still feeling poorly, but really glad you have so much that is great in your life. Your post showed how good it is to be you. Thank you.
X

Gravity-Carb

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Ahh took my black 'book' out to take my fbs annnnnnd no more strips. I forgot my 5 boxes of the things at me Mums.... on my way now. Duhhh.

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Your Great Niece is toooo cute!!!

Family support can make or break us. Gutted your still feeling poorly, but really glad you have so much that is great in your life. Your post showed how good it is to be you. Thank you.
X

Oh goodness. Your words choked me up. How very kind of you. Thank you @Gravity-Carb. Yes, I'm very lucky to have such a lovely family. X

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes speaking of adorable my granddaughter made a fathers day card at daycare for her nana. While I thought it was lovely I was trying to convince her to give it to her grandad but to no avail. Oh well, its nice to be loved. :D

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Yes speaking of adorable my granddaughter made a fathers day card at daycare for her nana. While I thought it was lovely I was trying to convince her to give it to her grandad but to no avail. Oh well, its nice to be loved. :D

Lol. Sounds like a great kid. It's not often I hear grandchildren using the term "Nana" these days for some reason. My grandmothers were Nana's. I always thought it was a North of England endearment. Lovely that it's used in NZ too. Nana Ratbags!! Fab. Lol. ;)

image.jpg

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Had a rotten night thanks silly chest. BS this morning a bit high for me at 5.7. Think it's because of chest infection and lack of sleep

Reactions: 9 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hope you soon feel better @loulou99782.
Thanks Daphne. I know the good old prednesolone effects my blood sugar at a higher dose I am currently on 40mg a day, DN said yesterday to add a couple of extra units of insulatard in the evening as levels where getting quite high. Will also see what bloods and sputum test comes back like on Monday when I speak to the Asthma nurse