Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

oldman1954

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
people who dont signal when they are turning left or right.
Morning all 5.8 still got the flue but getting better :)

Reactions: 18 people

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
Good morning all. I had a fasting reading of 5.5 after a reading of 5.3 at bedtime last night.

Reactions: 20 people

Alzebra

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
FBG 4.8 pleased with that. I stuck to one glass of wine for dessert last night whilst the rest of the family had Key Lime Cheesecake, so it's nice to be 'rewarded' with a low FBG this morning :angelic:;):smug:

Reactions: 19 people

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 today, after answering 2 phone calls and a few other things, was probably at least 1 hour after my foot first touched the carpet. Don't think I've ever managed to test as soon as I've woken up.

Reactions: 18 people

Gravity-Carb

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Tested before I left the bed and it was a 6.2 this am. Yesterday felt really weird, kinda off had higher bloods-for-me all day... lets see how I go today....

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning All

6.1 for me this bright, sunny morning. Bit disappointing after 4.8 before tea yesterday...

Maybe the Lemon Meringue pie was a mistake.......

catmazdo

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
11.5 just can't get any lower than 11!!! Had 3 month hba1c yesterday, will receive results next Friday.

Reactions: 17 people

silky1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.7 this morning - I know it rises when fasting - but I did have a sneaky late night snack of strawberries and grapes last night - not sure if that had any effect - or whether my low reading the other day was a fluke - it is still very early days

itchyfeet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A slightly lower 8.0 for me this morning, I'm putting it down to stress and hormones ...... within 2 hours I'm back to my usual 4's and low 5's, so not overly concerned :rolleyes:

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Hi folks. Hope you're all having a nice Saturday. BG this morning was 5.6 after a topsy turvy night. Hasn't budged since according to my meter, even upon testing after breakfast. Happy with those numbers. To everyone who's feeling under the weather....take care & get well soon. Hello @Edgecop & @catmazdo....rather than derail the thread, I've sent you both a PM in response to your posts. Best wishes & good health everyone. X

image.jpg

Reactions: 16 people

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
7.1 this morning (well, 9:30) after a bad night of tossing & turning. Post-breakfast was 7.3, so at least not a spike, but a lower FBG would be a better start!

Reactions: 16 people

Munkki

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 after a night out with a lot of good, grilled meat and one glass of red wine. Just after I poured in my second glass with sweeter wine, someone nicked it - good for me ;)

Reactions: 22 people