HypoBand - The Cold Sweat Alarm

diamondnostril

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning Antony, thank you for the reply and we await your advise.

We are continuing with our test on the Mini Galaxy paired with HB1.0 and researching the various settings / configurations on the Samsung smartphone.

Hi . . .

Unfortunately, my testing today did not confirm my theory :(

The starting set-up is:
I have connected the HypoBand 1.0 and my Android smartphone, and I see the slow-flashing LED on the band. I do not exit the HypoBand App on my phone; I simply leave my phone alone, and it goes into sleep mode. (This is what I will refer to below as "the connection").

Then . . .

A
If I test immediately after making the connection, by pressing the Panic Button, then the phone alarm sounds, as expected.

B
At some point I will notice that the LED has started fast-flashing. I now simply ignore this - I just wait for a maximum of around 2 minutes, and the slow-flashing LED is restored. This seems to happen at least a couple of times in each 60 minutes.

C
If I test a longer time after making the connection, then the phone alarm DOES NOT sound. This is always true, >45 minutes after making the connection. And it can be true, as little as >5 minutes after making the connection.

We already determined that my phone is closing the HypoBand App, sometime after I have made the connection. So far I don't know why this happens.

C is worrying. At this point, the LED is slow-flashing, leading me to believe that there is a successful connection between band and phone. But when I test with the Panic Button, nothing happens. This means that the phone is closing the App, but the HypoBand continues to show the slow-flashing LED. I think that C always follows after B (that is, I think C never happens until after B has happened). But I cannot be 100% sure of this, as it always might be the case that I have missed B.

But so far, I have never seen it where C has happened before B.

Hopefully the extra info is useful. I'm happy to send a 'checklist' of my phone settings/configuration, if this might be of help.

When I enter my phone after it has been in sleep-mode, I never see the HypoBand App immediately, despite the fact that this is where I left it. I always see the Apps page, and have to click on the icon again to reopen the HypoBand App.

Regards :)
Antony

HypoBand UK

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
@diamondnostril Thank you for the reply and details. Since last night we had our Mini Galaxy paired to a HB1.0 (one full charge this morning) and every time we enter from standby mode (sleep-mode), the Hypoband App is visible, therefore, something in the smartphone is disconnecting the HypoBand App.

Please can you advise the following:

1) How much memory is on your Galaxy Mini?
2) How much memory has been used?
3) How many Apps are open and running when you enter sleep mode?

diamondnostril

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@diamondnostril Thank you for the reply and details. Since last night we had our Mini Galaxy paired to a HB1.0 (one full charge this morning) and every time we enter from standby mode (sleep-mode), the Hypoband App is visible, therefore, something in the smartphone is disconnecting the HypoBand App.

Please can you advise the following:

1) How much memory is on your Galaxy Mini?
2) How much memory has been used?
3) How many Apps are open and running when you enter sleep mode?

My phone informs me:

Total Space: 8.0GB
System Memory: 2.87GB
Used Space: 3.79GB
Cached Data: 43.32MB
Miscellaneous Files: 392MB
Available Space: 0.91GB

The HypoBand App is the only App which is running, when it enters sleep mode.

Settings switched ON:
Wi-Fi
GPS
Sound
Screen Rotation
Bluetooth
Sync

Settings switched OFF:
Mobile Data
Blocking Mode
Power Saving
Wi-Fi Hotspot
S Beam
NFC
Hands-Free Mode
Flight Mode

diamondnostril

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi to anybody watching this thread.

Clearly the problems that I'm having are very 'local' to my particular phone/configuration. The guys at HypoBand are continuing to discuss with me to try to resolve, but we'll move that discussion out of the forum, because it's now purely technical. We'll give an update once the problem is identified and resolved.

Regards :)
Antony

Reactions: 3 people

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Had to upgrade to Ios 9.0.1 today and the app no longer works :(

HypoBand UK

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
@tim2000s As advised in an earlier posting on this thread and as stated on our website, we are currently awaiting for Apple to upload our iOS 9 HypoBand App. Regrettably and due to the vast numbers of Apps that are being uploaded with the new security tag, there is of course a delay, that we can not control.

As soon as we receive the notification from Apple, we will be informing all via this thread, HypoBand UK website and our Facebook page.

HypoBand UK apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Reactions: 2 people

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
No issue @HypoBand UK , I saw the earlier posting. I was just hoping. Having said that, iOs 9.0.1 seems to have broken my gmail too...

MDAVIES65

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Hi diamondnostril,
On your galaxy mini do you have the ultra power saving mode activated. A feature of this is that it automatically turns bluetooth off when the phone goes to sleep to conserve power

jacintakee

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just a quick question, I am in my 50's and just joined the community and am a Type 2 diabetic recently diagnosed and have been looking for an app which could detect hypos but there is nothing available, or least on my searching nothing came up, except the Hypoband, which in theory is a very good idea. I am also in the full blown stages of menopause and unfortunately sweating is what I do a lot both during the day and night. How does the Hypoband detect the difference between me having a hot/cold flush (cold clammy skin is the norm) and me having a hypo at night as this is when I get most of my hypos and recently experienced a very scary 1.9 but I did wake up as I felt as though I was going to be sick (not a symptom I have had before) and was able to treat myself.

HypoBand UK

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
@jacintakee Sorry to hear that you are suffering badly from Hypo's and especially at night. The main difference between a cold sweat and a hot sweat (fever) is your skin temperature fluctuates. Therefore, when you have a hot sweat, your skin temperature will increase rapidly but for a cold sweat your skin temperature will decrease.

To best explain this, please open / look the attachment.

Case Study - 7 nights Type 1.png

HypoBand UK monitored a test subject sleeping data over a period of 7 nights (June 2015).
As you will see the person suffered 2 cold sweats (Hypo) and 4 hot sweats (fever). The HypoBand only triggered/activated when he was having a cold sweat

2015-06-08 03:00 - Hot Sweat
2015-06-09 12:00 - Hot Sweat

2015-06-10 02:00 - Cold Sweat
2015-06-11 04:00 - Hot Sweat
2015-06-12 12:00 - Hot Sweat

2015-06-13 03:00 - Cold Sweat

M

mammamia2006

@HypoBand UK I used the hypoband the first couple of nights and hypoed on only one occassion, VERY impressed as text sent straight to husband's phone (he was out with friends) and he phoned me until I woke up (mainly to shout abuse at him for waking me) but blood sugar level was 1.9 so cant complain too much.

I dont know if it's knowing I have the hypoband on during the night or not but nothing else to report as sugars have all been fine during night (sods law!!!)

Gave my sister a shot of hypoband and it woke her up twice with low levels (seal of approval from her! Haha)

All in all, we are both very pleased with the hypoband and sister is now thinking about purchasing one for herself.

Reactions: 6 people

HypoBand UK

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
@mammamia2006 thank you very much for your feedback and we are all delighted that the HypoBand is working, We are also very grateful that you shared your experiences and the use of the HypoBand with your sister.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I just went to switch on my HypoBand but the battery is empty, I didn't even know it was low. Iv not charged it since I got it, so did get a long time from it, just a shame there was no way to know it was low. I'll not be able to use it tonight and I'll charge it tomorrow.

HypoBand UK

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
@ramsay_urquhart A Full charge will take approx. 1 - 3 hours and with regard "its a shame there was no way to know it was low"

1. As per the HypoBand FAQ on our website, it states:
Q - How frequent must I charge the Hypoband?
A - Upon full charge, the battery typically lasts for up to 72 hours. The red flashing LED on the Hypoband indicates low battery.

2. On the end of the gift box it states:
"The battery life is around 80 hours"
"Low batt indicator: Red LED Blinking"
3. In the User Manual under section 'Light Indicator Guidelines" it states:
Red - Flashing 1 x 1 second - The HypoBand is undercharged (low battery)​

A total of 3 statements, from when you would place an order at our website, when the gift box is received and finally in the user manual that is contained inside the gift box.

Please advise where else we could print a clearer statement, so it is not missed?

HypoBand UK

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
We have received a number of enquires with regard how robust the HypoBand is (amount of pressure when slept on during the night) and therefore, HypoBand UK would like to provide information relating to the toughest of the medical grade plastic. that has no added coating (layer) due the restraints of the HypoBand under CE MDD (medical device).

Evaluation on Structural Integrity of the HypoBand Casing with Respect to Day to Day Usage

Summary:

1. The HypoBand would withstand the weight of a body as a direct impact on the unit as 200 kg or more.
  2. The surface area and the absorbing effect of a bed (mattress) would further protect the HypoBand and therefore the fracture point would be further increased.

Attachments

• HypoBand Casing subjected to compressive force.jpg
    HypoBand Casing subjected to compressive force.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 435
  • Result HypoBand force result.jpg
    Result HypoBand force result.jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 606
  • Machine computation - HypoBand Casing.jpg
    Machine computation - HypoBand Casing.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 541
  • HypoBand Casing Evaluation on Structural Integrity.pdf
    500.6 KB · Views: 389
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people

HypoBand UK

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Dear All at Diabetes Forum,

With regard the customers using iPhone iOS 9, HypoBand are currently awaiting for Apple to upload the HypoBand version 4 App. It is regrettable that this is taking some time and we at HypoBand apologise for all the inconvenience this has caused.

We are communicating with Apple on a daily basis and as soon as we receive the confirmation, we will be alerting all the iPhone iOS 9 users.

Again, we apologise for the delay and any frustration this has caused all :(

HypoBand UK

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other

HypoBand UK can confirm that the latest HypoBand App for iPhone users is now available from iTunes. Version 4 is for all iPhone users up to and including iOS 9. :)

HypoBand apologises for any inconvenience this might have caused.

HypoBand UK

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other

Following some wonderful customer feedback including a video, HypoBand have reviewed part of its procedure when wearing the HypoBand.

Once charged and before wearing please note the following:-

1. Do not turn on the HypoBand.
2. Please affix the HypoBand on your wrist.
3. Please ensure that a finger can fit between the HypoBand and your skin.
3. Please wait 60 - 120 seconds.
4. Turn 'ON' the HypoBand
5. Turn 'ON' the HypoBand App

HypoBand apologise for any inconvenience this might have caused.

Gill666

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, all.... First time on messaging on this Forum.... My son Ryan was one of the lucky ones to be given the Hypoband to try out. He is 12 years old nearly 13, Type 1, was diagnosed in December last year. Unfortunately we did not know until it was very late and nearly lost him. But he is a strong lad and made it through. He is on the autistic spectrum which makes life a lot harder for him to understand. The Hypoband was easy to set up and Ryan thought it was cool to wear plus he benefitted from getting a new phone.
We are having a little fun with it a the moment as it keeps going off due to his stress levels. I spoke to Giles and he told me that stress causes cold sweats which is very interesting... So plan of action is for Ryan to wear just on a night time... so fingers crossed it wont go off due to stress and only when needed. So at moment it has not gone off correctly but am feeling positive it will work and this is giving me a bit more piece of mind when Ryan is asleep on a night.