Dexcom Trial

cz_dave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have just completed a one-week Dexcom G4 trial. I had to buy my own sensor and my medical team provided me with the rest (the receiver and transmitter). It was a terrific experience. I was really surprised by Dexcom's precision. Compared to the Libre, it is a different category really.

I got to use two Libre sensors a few weeks ago, the trends were ok but the actual mmol values were totally off most of the time. Typically it would run at least by 0.5 mmol higher but at times also lower and at times it was off by 2 mmol. It is perhaps not fair to compare these two as the Libre cannot be callibrated. On the plus side, the Libre sensor is much easier to install and also more discrete. I wish the two could be somehow combined...

As I am still in the honeymoon period plus currently on a low-carb diet, the BS trends were kind of a non-event on the Dexcom :happy:. BS micro-management...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

andysmum

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
My son was fitted last week with CGM of the same device (recently diagnosed- type unknown and we are told he is 'unique') . He has complex needs, kidney failure and other issues. He is unable to communicate so it's all being funded. We are very impressed with it and gives us peace of mind, especially overnight when he has been unaware of hypos.

Reactions: 3 people