Place will liven up soon ....

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Winters coming in dark nights huge energy bills and nowt on the telly so this place will I would imagine be springing back to life pretty soon.

S

Shar67

I love frosty mornings, you walk a bit quicker and the air is clean
Thick soups and stews and duvet snuggles watching cr*p on TVs
I have 4 living heat pads (hairless dogs, bred to be used as bed warmers and pest control)
Looking forward to spring

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
I love frosty mornings, you walk a bit quicker and the air is clean
Thick soups and stews and duvet snuggles watching cr*p on TVs
I have 4 living heat pads (hairless dogs, bred to be used as bed warmers and pest control)
Looking forward to spring
Sounds great!
I love the seasons too.
I actually like the rain lashing down when I have nowhere to go and I'm snug as a bug in a rug indoors.
I listen to a lot of music and find myself listening to weather appropriate music quite often.
One line in a Tom Waits song goes .... as the dish outside the window fills with rain ...another has the line .... it's raining hammers it's raining nails .... and I' in my own little corner of paradise.
Summers been pretty good this year and I suspect we're in for an early and very cold winter.

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Haven't seen much of you lately JTL and wondered where you'd gone, glad your summer was good. Let's hope for a rainy autumn and cold winter.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
Haven't seen much of you lately JTL and wondered where you'd gone, glad your summer was good. Let's hope for a rainy autumn and cold winter.
A mixture of enjoying the weather periods of being unwell couple of hospital admissions but not to bad at the mo.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
We've had a shocking summer, at least five degrees lower than an average summer, in other words, cold summer!
Since the start of September and the kids have gone back to skewl, we have had some decent weather and have recently spent time in the garden. Just this week it has been warmer than all summer!
But it's not going to last, as a couple of Atlantic storms are heading our way, and it will be cold, wet and miserable again!

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A mixture of enjoying the weather periods of being unwell couple of hospital admissions but not to bad at the mo.
Sorry to hear that. Spine or something new?

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The coastal fogs have started here in earnest and soon we'll be dodging the spray as the waves try to demolish the sea wall (succeeding alarmingly in some places). I too look forward to soups and stews cos they use up leftovers (what you can't see you don't worry about).
Luckily I can go out whenever the sun shines, so this year I've planned for nothing and spent much more time outdoors than usual. It's been great.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
Summer has been pretty good here ... not fantastic.
Wife's strawberry patch produced fifty pounds of fruit!
Trees and bushes have produced lots this year too.

Reactions: 3 people