How much weight have YOU lost?

Pipey

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I've lost seven pounds in three and half weeks being on a low/no added sugar diet

Reactions: 4 people

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't actually know precisely how much weight I have lost, because (a) deliberately don't have any scales (b) asked GP not to tell me. I have lost 6 inches from my waist and gone down 5 dress sizes in total. That's good enough for me.

My mother is a serial dieter and frets about 2lbs though she's also a carb addict who refuses to moderate her cake intake in between diets. I didn't want to get into that unhealthy relationship with food and be beating myself over the head, worrying about numbers on scales.

Success is not numbers, it's how you feel.

Reactions: 9 people

MacFee

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well a couple of months ago I was 20st 13lb and went on orlisat and lost about 11lbs , I was diagnosed last week with T2 and have been following my fitness pal calorie counted but LC diet and have lost 6lb so down to 19st 10lb . I really want to try and reverse the T2 if at all possible and control my weight and get down to a healthy weight again ! I am struggling with excercise as I have plantar faciatis and my foot is very sore after doing lots of walking last week xx

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well a couple of months ago I was 20st 13lb and went on orlisat and lost about 11lbs , I was diagnosed last week with T2 and have been following my fitness pal calorie counted but LC diet and have lost 6lb so down to 19st 10lb . I really want to try and reverse the T2 if at all possible and control my weight and get down to a healthy weight again ! I am struggling with excercise as I have plantar faciatis and my foot is very sore after doing lots of walking last week xx

Although exercise is highly desirable, in that it uses up some calories and helps with some toning up, it is the cream on the cake. What we eat is the lynch pin of this whole condition and your progress to good control and better health.

Reactions: 2 people

ClaireLou94

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rude people
lost 4pound since the 1st of September, don't know if that is good but ... :) getting there

Reactions: 10 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Hey MacFee,congrats on the excellent weight loss, there re lots of exercises you could do ....sit ups ,light weights ,most of which can be done off your feet,i do 50 situps and half an hour of light weights every am and pm ,so far ive lost 5st,keep up the exercises

Tirianne

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just wanted to share that I've hit the 2 stone weight loss in exactly 4 months with very low carb and increased exercise. SO pleased!!
My lovely husband has started to put stones/bricks in to a strong plastic bag and when I lift up 28 pounds in weight it makes me realise what I'm not carrying around with me. It's a great incentive to start this idea and I'm planning a new bag for next week!!

Reactions: 8 people

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done you must feel like a new person. Do you have any more weight you want to lose or have you already reached your goal weight.

tigerlily72

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've lost a stone in weight since diagnosed at Type 2 in mid Sept this year, although the scales in the Drs surgery weighed me at 3lbs LESS this morning than what my digital scales at home told me today :joyful:

I need to aim for steady and constant weight loss now and then I can buy a whole new wardrobe of "skinnier" clothes as I drop a dress size or two :D

Pipey

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Today I managed to buy a Sugar Counter by Angela Dowden in Waterstones for £4.99. It gives and average portion - the sugar per portion plus how many tspns per portions and the calorie value.

Nursery64

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
11 stone in 18 months - now weigh 11 stone really went for it daily swimming and calorie counting - and now have very little insulin am Type 1

Reactions: 13 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
11 stone in 18 months - now weigh 11 stone really went for it daily swimming and calorie counting - and now have very little insulin am Type 1

That's an incredible amount!! In fact, it's 1.5 x ME!! I am a little person, but even so!

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Im getting the impression that I should know this! :/ but I haven't got a clue! should I be aware of this?
BMI is Body Mass Index. It is supposed to show the ideal weight range for your body type and height. there is some debate whether it is actually helpful, as it doesn't take some factors into consideration, for example some quite fit and healthy people like rugby players show as overweight but their weight is due to muscle rather than fat.
You can enter your weight, height etc and get your bmi here:
http://www.nhs.uk/Tools/Pages/Healthyweightcalculator.aspx

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You can Google 'waist to hip ratio' which is another way of calculating.