The SCREAM thread

S

Sable_Jan

I sympathise with you 100%...my daughter is going through similar relationship problems and it's breaking my heart to see the effect it has on her...it's on and off all the time...with the added complication of boyfriend being bipolar among other things. He is very controlling and manipulative and now has her attending counseling sessions because he's convinced her that she's messed up in the head. The whole situation terrifies me as he's been known to be quite aggressive at times...but she always goes back...I so wish there was something I could do...but sadly it doesn't seem to matter what I say or do...she's hellbent that he's 'the one'.
AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

Hope your sons gets through it ok...hopefully he'll meet someone lovely at uni
Hope the counseling will help her through....to make the right choices for her...how to cope with the situation of living with a person with mental health problems....

Reactions: 8 people
C

chris lowe

Thanks Natalie & RRB. I'm sure he will be OK in due course, it's just difficult because we're quite a long way away. We spoke to him on Skype this evening and he's not his usual self but seems OK. I know there will be other girls and it's probably all for the best but they'd been going out for two years, and it's tough on him, particularly when he's just starting out at Uni and living away from home for the first time. Mrs hay-char and I are both furious with the wretched girl for the way she's behaved; I think she's a bit immature for her age hence - maybe - her behaviour but that's not much consolation for any of us right now.

Hey ho ...
I doesn't matter how old they are, as parents we always worry when things don't go right for them and it's even worse when they're not close by so we can keep a watchful eye to be there when needed. I'm sure that as he settles in and meets new friends he will get back on an even keel. Best thing he can do is block her number on his phone so she can't get in touch and he can move on.

Reactions: 9 people

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I was walking home today and I started to cross the road when the man was on green when this idiot driver drove through the red lights and almost ran me over. He had the nerve to cuss at me out his window as if it was my fault!!:mad:

Reactions: 2 people
S

Sable_Jan

I was walking home today and I started to cross the road when the man was on green when this idiot driver drove through the red lights and almost ran me over. He had the nerve to cuss at me out his window as if it was my fault!!:mad:
I think it's the week for **** heads on the roads.....lights turned green at crossroads....I set off going straight across, ******** opposite me turned in front of me and half blocked the bloody road....there wasn't even room for him to turn into...sorry, it was a her, all dressed in black......caused me to swerve to get past.....
Trying to think if it was same junction where ano ran a red light on the road I was crossing......2 kids stayed on footpath til I was level with them then walked out into road so had to brake hard....that's just today....
So glad you are safe Nicola

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
K

Kat100

I just noticed your signature. CatLady approves :)
So many cat doggie and animal lovers here :) if you look in the girl shed you will find chickens with coats and pigs and donkeys ;)

I just popped in to say .. Wedding night is here .. Not mine .. :joyful::happy::bag:

Reactions: 5 people

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
A teacher in Primary school once said that if you catch a cold in September, you'll have colds all through the winter. I thought of this when I caught a cold at the beginning of September but thought it was just one of her sayings - but then I caught another one at the end of September!

It's the cough I always get that bothers me (I'm asthmatic), rather than the streaming nose which actually starts days after the cough (and voice change).

Is it going to be like this for the whole winter? . . . I would scream but it would make me cough!:(

S

Sable_Jan

A teacher in Primary school once said that if you catch a cold in September, you'll have colds all through the winter. I thought of this when I caught a cold at the beginning of September but thought it was just one of her sayings - but then I caught another one at the end of September!

It's the cough I always get that bothers me (I'm asthmatic), rather than the streaming nose which actually starts days after the cough (and voice change).

Is it going to be like this for the whole winter? . . . I would scream but it would make me cough!:(
Pure coincidence Dancer ......

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.

Hugs. I used to have asthma and whenever I got a cough I would use ventolin (with a spacer) as well as getting pholcodine prescribed, which is a cough suppressant. In NZ a lot of the houses are not well insulated, which contributes to asthma and coughs and colds, but I think the UK is better in that regard. Is your house warm and dry?

S

Shar67

Hugs. I used to have asthma and whenever I got a cough I would use ventolin (with a spacer) as well as getting pholcodine prescribed, which is a cough suppressant. In NZ a lot of the houses are not well insulated, which contributes to asthma and coughs and colds, but I think the UK is better in that regard. Is your house warm and dry?
I was brought up in a steel framed house with no insulation until i was about 10 then dad sorted it out, it was roasting in the summer freezing in the winter, but I didn't develop asthma until I was an adult in a lovely centrally heated house.
Oh and I'm Scottish so had horrid weather majority if time

Reactions: 5 people

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I was brought up in a steel framed house with no insulation until i was about 10 then dad sorted it out, it was roasting in the summer freezing in the winter, but I didn't develop asthma until I was an adult in a lovely centrally heated house.
Oh and I'm Scottish so had horrid weather majority if time
Wow, that's unusual, I think. I developed asthma as an adult while living in a cold house. Hardly any houses in NZ have central heating :(