Any food suggestions post oral operations?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'll be having my wisdom teeth removed soon and being type 1 I'm worried about not getting enough slow sugars or having a balanced diet. I was wondering if anyone would have any suggestions for this.

S

Shar67

When I had mine out I was surprised how easy it was and how well it all healed, sugar free jelly was the best thing, and warm soup through a straw

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
When I had mine out I was surprised how easy it was and how well it all healed, sugar free jelly was the best thing, and warm soup through a straw
I heard that straws were a bad idea but must depend on the person
I'm just scared of not getting enough carbs..

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
When I had mine out the surgeon told me to keep eating my normal diet but to puree it in a blender. When you do this, you could add meat stock or milk instead of water, to keep the nutrition levels up. I was unable to open my mouth more than about 1 centimetre at first, so liquid food was the only option. I also recommend you ask for adequate pain relief. I didn't know I could and suffered terribly. The first two days afterwards were quite painful. Holding an ice pack against your cheek helps.