Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Hello, ac1 results are in and the consultant is amazed (me too). At diagnosis in June 79, today 25. So I am "a very well controlled" diabetic. Thank you all for advice/info/support since diagnosis especially to the regular moderate exercise guys who keep me moving...

Reactions: 25 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
So pleased you've managed to turn things around in such a short space of time @Diakat:)

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello, ac1 results are in and the consultant is amazed (me too). At diagnosis in June 79, today 25. So I am "a very well controlled" diabetic. Thank you all for advice/info/support since diagnosis especially to the regular moderate exercise guys who keep me moving...

Gosh, that's quite a shift, and at 25, that may be the lowest I have ever seen!

As a T1.5, on insulin (according to your profile), that suggests your average blood sugar is 4.5. Is your consultant happy with you at those levels? Do you drive, and if you do, do you often have to fuel up to drive?

Please don't think I'm challenging anything, it's just many folks coming in with low HbA1cs are told to run them a little higher.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Absolutely understand the questions. Yes 1.5 insulin and think honeymoon may have something to do with it. Yes I drive so try to test 15 to 30 mind before so have time to dose up on carbs if needed. Advance testing not always possible so there have been frustrated all hours in car parks and marital disputes as a result! Diabetes team say that as long as I am hypo aware and not having severe ones (I've never gone below 3) then they are happy. I guess they envision things getting worse as time goes on.

Reactions: 5 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Absolutely understand the questions. Yes 1.5 insulin and think honeymoon may have something to do with it. Yes I drive so try to test 15 to 30 mind before so have time to dose up on carbs if needed. Advance testing not always possible so there have been frustrated all hours in car parks and marital disputes as a result! Diabetes team say that as long as I am hypo aware and not having severe ones (I've never gone below 3) then they are happy. I guess they envision things getting worse as time goes on.

Thanks for clarifying. I reiterate, a stonking HbA1c!!

SunnyExpat

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Excellent result, (I think you have beaten AndBreathe's record there ;) )