Kidney complication help

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello . Are you type 1 or type 2? How was the kidney problem first picked up? I'm curious as I've just had a different experience at the doctors.

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
Just wanna hear your stories about managing kidney complication or if any of you has ever reversed it?
I don't know if it can be reversed, but I think having blood sugars in the normal range may stop it getting worse.

Reactions: 2 people

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi and welcome to the forum.

From memory, I think @CollieBoy had kidney issues, so I'll tag him to alert him to this thread. He will probably also know other members who have had issues.

violadavis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin

From memory, I think @CollieBoy had kidney issues, so I'll tag him to alert him to this thread. He will probably also know other members who have had issues.
Thank you!!! I can't believe people are really helping here and actually respond :)

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods

Yep Kidneys dropped to the teens % but pulled myself back to over 30% by LCHF diet!

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
Wow, you are such an inspiration!!! How was your blood glucose?
Have lost my blood figures from diagnosis, but 6 months after (& clear of NHS Hi carb diet:woot:) my HbA1c had dropped back to 6.3%.
(Was stuck in hospital for 6 weeks, having food brought in as refused hospital slop!)

violadavis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Have lost my blood figures from diagnosis, but 6 months after (& clear of NHS Hi carb diet:woot:) my HbA1c had dropped back to 6.3%.
(Was stuck in hospital for 6 weeks, having food brought in as refused hospital slop!)
What were your complications?

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
What were your complications?
CKD 3/4, D2, Bleed Stroke.
BP & BG tested in prev 6 months to this! So either someone @cked up or something happened

Last edited by a moderator:

violadavis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
What were your symptoms? What's D2? How's your blood glucose these days?

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
What were your symptoms? What's D2? How's your blood glucose these days?
D2 = Type 2 diabetes, Symptoms paralysis on right side.(only left with a limp & right hand impaired motor control)
BG been sub 6.0 since 2010:cool:
Kidney function been >28% since 2010 (except for when got UTI s:wideyed:)

violadavis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
D2 = Type 2 diabetes, Symptoms paralysis on right side.(only left with a limp & right hand impaired motor control)
BG been sub 6.0 since 2010:cool:
Kidney function been >28% since 2010 (except for when got UTI s:wideyed:)
Have you ever had foamy urine and pains?

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
Well I have foamy urine occasionally and i have pains around the kidney and it's making me freak out :(
Have you seen your doctor about these symptoms?