Really happy right now

Gary1205

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just got back from visit to Diabetic Nurse and she is really pleased with me.

Diagnosed T2 with HbA1c in late Feb of 98, Total cholesterol 5.8. Put on statins and 2 X 500 mg metformin. Weight 16 st 3 BMI 32.5

June HbA1c 47 cholesterol 2.6 metformin reduced to1 X 500 mg statins unchanged. Weight down to13st 13 BMI28

Last weeks blood test HbA1c 42 cholesterol still 2.6 Weight now 12st 2 BMI 24.4 (now in healthy range)

Have achieved this through a balanced diet and exercise, and now will be medication free (both statins and metformin) for the next three months to see how I go without them following today's visit.

Feeling very happy right now.

Reactions: 26 people

oldman1954

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
people who dont signal when they are turning left or right.
Congratulation and well done :D

Reactions: 2 people

Lee P

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Happy for you Gary. I am still on the uncontrolled side. Joined gym but due to time and schedule, work, family could not keep up. Have just bought a skipping rope and ordered an exercise bike. Hope to start exercising at home. Praying God will help me to have control soon. Once again, glad for you.

Reactions: 5 people

Lee P

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was seen by DSN last Thursday and she was very pleased to inform me that 4 months ago HbA1c was 106 and Thursday gone it reads 78. Along with a change to diet, some exercises and prayers to God, I am improving. Salute to all you guys who are trying so hard and improving and to those who are trying and not noticing changes, don't give up. I have changed regular bread now to grannary bread. When I first saw it with all the bird seeds lol, I thought 'I can't eat that but it is not bad at all. I have also start to cut out hot chocolate, even without added sugar, this is not good for me and I have tried to quit the tinned milk, evaporated to green top or red top bottled milk urgh!!!!! I long to go to the Nurse and hear, it has been reversed.