So, how much jelly?

sarahlou72

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This may not be carb friendly, I can't find the nutritional values.

When I was at Slimming World, for a chocolaty dessert, I mixed a chocolate options (any flavour) into plain yoghurt.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I know this is jelly thread, but @Avocado Sevenfold's idea of alternative to aero choc chia pud got me thinking. Produced alternative bounty choc.
Chia seeds, coconut milk, shredded coconut, left overnight in fridge. Next day grated 85% chocolate on top.
I won't make this too often, could get addicted.

Reactions: 4 people

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fed up with the same bland taste of FF Greek Yogurt and no berries (shock horror) I decided to flavour it with SF Jelly crystals. Like an idiot I put the whole lot in - what was I thinking??? It wasn't very nice as you can imagine and the sweetener taste overpowered the strawberry flavour. Might try again but just using a small amount.

So pleased to find a Jelly Appreciation Society as I was made to feel that I'd committed a cardinal sin when I mentioned that I'd accidentally picked up a "not sugar free" Jelly Pot and ate it without realising til I tested and wondered what the heck.

Probably "off topic" but does anyone have any other "safe" flavourings for plain yogurt? I usually just throw in a handful of sunflower seeds to give it a bit of "crunch".
I make chocolate granola using nuts http://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/2012/08/chocolate-hazelnut-granola-low-carb-and-gluten-free.html and keep in a Tupperware container. This recipe make an awful lot so you may want to halve it!

A

Avocado Sevenfold

I know this is jelly thread, but @Avocado Sevenfold's idea of alternative to aero choc chia pud got me thinking. Produced alternative bounty choc.
Chia seeds, coconut milk, shredded coconut, left overnight in fridge. Next day grated 85% chocolate on top.
I won't make this too often, could get addicted.
Sounds lovely! Maybe we could just work our way through the chia chocolate pud alphabet...

Aero
Bounty
Caramac?

Reactions: 2 people

YorkshireAli

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Jelly thread virgin here... Couldn't sleep, found this, and now have a big bowl of jelly fresh in the fridge.

I'd forgotten the wonder of jelly till I read through this - yes, all 13 pages! Reminded me of when my boys were young and they had friends round to tea and I used to make rainbow jelly for them - huge bowl and as many differently coloured layers as I could fit in. They used to love it. I also used to do goldfish jelly (orange jelly with mandarin segments in), but had to rename that after one particularly sensitive little boy came to tea and burst into tears at the thought of eating goldfish for pudding. (He's now in the Army, so I thankfully didn't traumatise him for life...) :D

Reactions: 12 people

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Made more jelly using 3/4 pint hot water and 1/4 pint double cream yesterday. Was surprised to find when I went to eat it today that it had separated into 2 blackcurranty layers: normal clear jelly on the bottom and creamy set jelly on the top. Not sure how that happened as it didn't do this last time! Was lovely :hungry:

Reactions: 7 people

FloraDora

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Late to the party! I have just read all 13 pages because the initial question has been very much on my mind. Now I know I need not worry about my one packet a week. One thing that has not been mentioned ......... the jelly seems to solve an annoying little problem I have had since Low Carbing, probably the sweetner, but it is much more pleasant than Senna or psyllium husk.

Reactions: 7 people

LinsT

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Haha YorshireAli - loved the goldfish jelly story! Reminded me of the rabbit shaped jelly mould I had when my kids were little. They would be so excited - then would try to keep the disappointment off their faces when they saw the scary seriously deformed red rabbit that would come out of the mould and sit looking very sad on its jelly grass!

Reactions: 8 people

al3473

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Haha YorshireAli - loved the goldfish jelly story! Reminded me of the rabbit shaped jelly mould I had when my kids were little. They would be so excited - then would try to keep the disappointment off their faces when they saw the scary seriously deformed red rabbit that would come out of the mould and sit looking very sad on its jelly grass!
Haha - love it. You've reminded me of a jelly mould I had a frog of all things and that exact same look on my daughter's face when it came out and the legs or head just came away. The 'your not like a proper mum' look. Am gonna dig it out and make one again. Sugar free of course and smash it up with loads a cream just to see the look on her 18 year old face. :) hilarious xxx

Reactions: 6 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Duh, my kids would probably have loved the deformed jelly animals. I would always dip the mould with the set jelly into hot water briefly before turning it out to reveal perfectly formed rabbit.
I feel I let them down!

Reactions: 4 people