Byetta and Iliostomy

willb

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Is there anybody out who is using Byetta and also has a Ileostomy?
I ask this because I have recently had surgery that resulted in me having a Ileostomy. During my stay in hospital Byetta was removed from my medications. I have asked my surgeon why it had been stopped he replied it probably had not just stopped for the operation and then missed after and not added to discharge sheet. He also said he was unsure of its use and recommended contacting the prescribing doctor. I have contacted the prescriber who is looking into it (and has been doing for some weeks now). If anyone out there is using it with an Ileostomy could you please let me know how its going and any problems you may have encountered.

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
Is there anybody out who is using Byetta and also has a Ileostomy?
I ask this because I have recently had surgery that resulted in me having a Ileostomy. During my stay in hospital Byetta was removed from my medications. I have asked my surgeon why it had been stopped he replied it probably had not just stopped for the operation and then missed after and not added to discharge sheet. He also said he was unsure of its use and recommended contacting the prescribing doctor. I have contacted the prescriber who is looking into it (and has been doing for some weeks now). If anyone out there is using it with an Ileostomy could you please let me know how its going and any problems you may have encountered.
Hi there, I see you are on insulin. What type(s) and how many times a day and how much insulin do you use? If you get your insulin therapy optimised you might not need Byetta.