Dreaded Annual Review with DN ... and I'm so chuffed!

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
I hate my annual review with the DN, she always has made me feel like a naughty schoolgirl. But this time it was a new DN (who also has T2) and she was all praise. My HbA1C was 5.7 and every other reading/test was good or excellent. I'm down 2st 5lbs on this time last year and I showed her on my bg monitor how on August 20th my post dinner reading was 32.2 and the next morning's fasting reading was 26.3 whereas this morning's fasting reading was 4.7. Even though I eat a LOT of eggs my cholesterol was down to 4.2 with the good cholesteral being about double the bad cholesterol. Not really sure what this means but she seemed very happy about it.

It was so refreshing to have a medical professional who was interested in the low carb way of life - enough to take notes for her own use.

This is ENTIRELY due to low carbing with medium fat.

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Well done, Chook!

Don't worry about the eggs. They contain good cholesterol, not the bad stuff, and are excellent for low-carbers. I eat 2 every morning - 14 every week.

Viv13 :cool:

Reactions: 4 people

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Excellent news. Well done.

SunnyExpat

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Brilliant result.

Low carb, medium fat, seems to be the way to do it, I've have good results from a similar diet!

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Thank you for your congratuations. I have gained a lot of knowledge and inspiration from reading the thrreads on this forum, especially the threads where people diarise what they have eaten that day and the recipe threads. I think the secret to successful low carbing is variety. I have always found myself getting stuck in a rut when it comes to menus but due to you lovely people I have been eating some amazing food.

Reactions: 5 people

smag3

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Doctors telling me that I probably know more than them
That is so good, and lucky you to find a nurse who listens. I posted recently to say my DB nurse had never heard of LCHF! But she rang me recently to say she had spoken to another diabetic nurse and she said with test results like that to tell me to keep doing what I am doing! So I am!

Reactions: 6 people

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Isn't it lovely to find a way of eating that produces good bg result, makes us feel good AND tastes great?

I'm even winning over my husband to the concept of low carbing. Yesterday, apart from some strawberries, he had exactly the same to eat as me and didn't slump on to the sofa to doze after his Sunday dinner.

Reactions: 2 people