SD Codefree

sarahlou72

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have had my SD Codefree for almost a month now.
I am testing often, but I am now on my 3rd battery.
Does anyone else have this problem?

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Because of the design of the case, if the buttons of the meter are under the elastic that holds the meter in place it seems to drain the battery very quickly, either move the meter further down in the case or invert it altogether so the buttons are clear.

Reactions: 4 people

RuthW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
No, I have had mine for a year and haven't changed the battery once. I test about 7-10 times a day.

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I have had mine for two years without replacing the battery ..contact home health or who you purchased it from as it may be faulty

Sirmione

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Donald Trump
My first battery lasted 2 months, next less than 2 months latest one still going strong after 6 months.

As with key fob batteries and car batteries or any other battery It pays to buy good quality from a seller that turns over their stock quickly.

sarahlou72

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Because of the design of the case, if the buttons of the meter are under the elastic that holds the meter in place it seems to drain the battery very quickly, either move the meter further down in the case or invert it altogether so the buttons are clear.

Thank you @satindoll.

I inverted the monitor or don't put it under the elastic at all. 3 weeks on and I'm still on the same battery.:)

Reactions: 2 people

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin

Thank you @satindoll.

I inverted the monitor or don't put it under the elastic at all. 3 weeks on and I'm still on the same battery.:)

Glad that seems to have sorted the problem for you, it does seem though that some meters eat their batteries regardless.

:happy: