Hi I'm the founder of a blog and facebook page .."Alternative Diabetic" ..

Alternative Diabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes...want to find a cure !
My mantra is " I CONTROL MY DIABETES....DIABETES DOESN'T CONTROL ME..... I have had Type 1 brittle diabetes for 24 years !!, I was diagnosed out the blue at the age of 33 yrs old....the blog I write on wordpress goes back to the beginning when I was first diagnosed..I have had 3 Children while on insulin and now have other autoimmune disorders.....and lately been diagnosed with Diabetic Maculopathy !! I call my self alternative because I keep up with all the information available to me re diabetes , natural health products and good diet..I have an Omnipod and take Metformin & Throxine and am on a waiting list for a Freestyle Libre system.. Looking forward to joining in the threads...

Reactions: 5 people
S

Shar67

Hello
It is so good to here a newbie but experienced having such a positive outlook, I'm not alternative but a part of me was glad to become diabetic, it gave me control of a part of my life that was going south big time

Reactions: 4 people

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
welcome to you !!
started on an omnipod myself 9 days ago
this is a great place for us to all share and help each other.

Reactions: 2 people

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
Hi and welcome. What natural health products do you use?

Alternative Diabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes...want to find a cure !
Hi and welcome. What natural health products do you use?
Various Products but not sure I can mention them on a Forum as its classed as advertising..not sure of the rules .. I drink a pre biotic which keeps my system cleansed and helps me absorb the nutrients from my food , I also supplement my diet with Zinc and Chromium known to be low when a diabetic (Had a blood test to show deficiency ) I prefer Organically grown ..And I am trying to cut hidden sugars and wheat from my diet !! THIS IS THE FIRST FORUM I have ever joined..I also never discussed my diabetes with others because I was too scared to see what can go wrong ..but since starting my Blog all has changed !!!

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
Various Products but not sure I can mention them on a Forum as its classed as advertising..not sure of the rules .. I drink a pre biotic which keeps my system cleansed and helps me absorb the nutrients from my food , I also supplement my diet with Zinc and Chromium known to be low when a diabetic (Had a blood test to show deficiency ) I prefer Organically grown ..And I am trying to cut hidden sugars and wheat from my diet !! THIS IS THE FIRST FORUM I have ever joined..I also never discussed my diabetes with others because I was too scared to see what can go wrong ..but since starting my Blog all has changed !!!
As far as I know it's ok to mention products, but if you can say what the main active ingredients are, that's probably more useful.

S

Shar67

When you 1st dive into the internet you read so many scary things, this site is brilliant for getting good quality information, it's then up to the person to be sensible, though chronic illness tends to get to a point where you think stuff it why am I bothering, in truth you know deep down why you bother you want to live a life to the best you can. A person once told me you should strive to be the best version of yourself but don't worry if you don't quite get there, you are trying.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome! You've come to the right place - there are many of us who work on controlling their diets by avoiding/cutting right down on high starch and sugary foods and eating low carbohydrate and ketogenic diets, so you'll find plenty of information and advice here.

Robbity