INSIGHT TENDERLINKS

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
Just found out from my Dsn's the Tenderlinks are available so been straight ont to Accu Chek and ordered some at least something is going ok can't say as much for being on MDI but no too many highs or lows

Reactions: 2 people

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
Hoorah started good old Tenderlinks this morning I ordered a box of 17mm & 13mm I'm using the 13mm at the mo I'd previously always used 17 on my old pump but these are doing ok and absolutely no pain at all whereas I could often feel the Rapid if say I lent against the sink or table but these nothing They've changed though I couldn't work out from the pictures on the box how to use so first time was fiddly, but I do like the needle protecter that covers needle once you've inserted the actual cannula.
Dare I say a "Good idea"

After all the agro this week with Cannulas I'm finally impressed........so far

Reactions: 2 people

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Just bloody brilliant the rapids were too sticky and last night the Tenderlink I had in just fell off as simple as that leaving no sticky residue after a day, and the pad itself had no stick at all

I give up !!!!

iHs

I always found that all the 30 degree angle sets tended to stick like superglue but obviously the new Insight Tenders have less adhesive on them than the old luer Tenderlinks.

Try some SkinTac or StayPut from MG, or use Opsite, Tegaderm film dressing tape as that tends to keep infusion sets stuck ok. Do you tend to sweat a lot as that can lead to sets coming unstuck?

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I always found that all the 30 degree angle sets tended to stick like superglue but obviously the new Insight Tenders have less adhesive on them than the old luer Tenderlinks.

Try some SkinTac or StayPut from MG, or use Opsite, Tegaderm film dressing tape as that tends to keep infusion sets stuck ok. Do you tend to sweat a lot as that can lead to sets coming unstuck?

I don't sweat much at all i was using Tenderlinks for 14 years with my old dtrons and never had this at all unless I caught it, and I use the longest tubing so as to give myself a bit of tolerance.

I think I'll try the SkinTac or StayPut first to see if that helps

mattb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm also getting the same with them and I've contacted Roche/accu-chek care line to report it. They have sent me a pack to send them back but the replacements are from the same batch lot so not expecting them to be any better.

I'm currently using Tegaderm films to stick them which seems to be working.

I would recommend anyone having the same problem to contact Roche to make sure they are aware of the problem so they can correct it going forward.

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I'm at the moment using 3 Elastoplast plasters to hold them in place(ridiculous) I'm meeting the ROCHE rep on 4th Nov so I can tell them all the other issues . I've also got 8 boxes of Rapids waiting to go back after various calls and letters.

Guess what no response at all

Come on ROCHE get your act together