Hi, From Portugal with love :)

pedrodias

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello everyone :)
My name is Pedro, 23 and i'm from a little but cool country called Portugal :)
3 weeks ago i felt really tired, so so so thirsty, really stressed and decided to go to the doctor.
"Doctor: - Pedro, You have diabetes Type 1
Pedro: - HAHAHA, so, now seriously!
Doctor: - You have diabetes Type 1."

5 Days of recover in the hospital

Now, lets go home eating like a bunny, waking up early like 8am, taking insuline, blood tests... and a new world to discover and fight against deserts and portuguese gastronomy.

Congratz about this amazing forum, amazing "welcome" email. Here in Portugal we have nothing like this, but i have some progects :) But we can talk later :)

PS: Escuse my ugly and poor english

S

Shar67

Your English is a lot better than some of the natives.
Hello and welcome to the forum.
It is a big shock getting a diabetes diagnosis but it is good that you knew something was wrong and went to the doctor lots of people tend to ignore changes and end up really ill.
Hope you are going to put lots of photos on to make us jealous and be prepared for someone (me) to ask for a holiday in beautiful Portugal.

pedrodias

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Your English is a lot better than some of the natives.
Hello and welcome to the forum.
It is a big shock getting a diabetes diagnosis but it is good that you knew something was wrong and went to the doctor lots of people tend to ignore changes and end up really ill.
Hope you are going to put lots of photos on to make us jealous and be prepared for someone (me) to ask for a holiday in beautiful Portugal.

WOW, thank you for the words :)
Yes, that's true, before i went to doctor i thought like: "ho, i'm so tired i need to work less and calm down, ho i need to stop eat too much..." was really a shock and i only face the fact when i came back home... that the things really changed for the rest of my life! But, let's go live healthier! :)

PS: LEEET'S GO TO PORTUGAL! I'm living like only 15min by car from the beach! You are all welcome :)

Reactions: 2 people

pedrodias

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This one :D
imgLoader.ashx

Reactions: 7 people

carol43

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Obrigado Pedro, love Portugal. Such beautiful beaches.

S

Shar67

Well now I am jealous, just having a look for my passport, the party is at Pedro's beach guys.

carol43

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No unfortunately I don't speak Portuguese but I make a point of learning please and thank you of the countries that I have visited as I think it's polite to at least know how to say it.

So when can we all visit you for a nice holiday?

pedrodias

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well now I am jealous, just having a look for my passport, the party is at Pedro's beach guys.
YEAH, SUNSET PARTIES! :p

No unfortunately I don't speak Portuguese but I make a point of learning please and thank you of the countries that I have visited as I think it's polite to at least know how to say it.

So when can we all visit you for a nice holiday?
Yes, the main things like Good Morning or Hello, its funny and nice to know for communicaton and geral knowledge...

In Summer, beach, sun, and water everyday!