Help! Hypoglycaemia Mornings.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Antony, my partner had actually filmed me and I was exactly the same I didn't believe him till he videod me and showed me. I didn't even realise that I could do my Lantus in the morning I will have to research into that a bit more first I think but I will definitely have to give it a go :) ewelina, unfortunately I don't know my average intake of novorapid as I use a machine that tells me how much insulin I need, so I'm not actually sure.
I think I've actually learnt more from you people in a few days then I have from a doctor in years thank you.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello I know it's been a little while I'm actually glad to say that my hypos have stopped. It turns out that because I was always doing in the same leg it was being pushed in one big lot late during the night causing me to hypo I have know changed my injecting stop and everything's better me and my partner are now together :)

Reactions: 4 people

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Hello I know it's been a little while I'm actually glad to say that my hypos have stopped. It turns out that because I was always doing in the same leg it was being pushed in one big lot late during the night causing me to hypo I have know changed my injecting stop and everything's better me and my partner are now together :)
So you have basically experienced the same issue with Lantus that @diamondnostril, @himtoo, @Nicola M, and I experienced. Once the sites where you inject it (which seem to be affected by the Lantus itself) are "overused", i.e. something affects the subcutaneous fat layer, and I'm suspicious that it is the Lantus itself that does this, Lantus doesn't pool correctly. Instead of forming a reservoir in the subcutaneous fat, it goes straight through. Doe to the pharmacokinetics of the product, it has no safety catch and turns into a short acting insulin because it can't pool.

I have raised an MHRA yellow card report on this, and I really believe that anyone who experiences this "side effect" of Lantus should also make one. It is fundamentally dangerous, as a large number of members can testify. Take a look at this topic: http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/lantus-users.67760/

Reactions: 4 people

RuthW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Good news, Mooncake! On both fronts - you solved your problem with your diabetes and the boyfriend's back.