Diabetes and addisons

Juliet boxall

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi there.I am a newbey and was diagnosed with diabetes three years ago after being admitted to hospital with dka and was not expected to survive.since then I have struggled with my BG and have since been diagnosed with Addison's disease and was wondering if anyone else out there suffers from both of these.I feel as though I am the only one and its lonely.

Juliet boxall

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you so much.i would really appreciate that as I do feel I am the only one.

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Hello @Juliet boxall welcome to the forum, There's are few of us with Addison's on the forum so welcome to the club.
Trying to keep blood sugars stables is a complete and utter pain in the behind. :( If you haven't done so learn to carb count then ask for a pump as using a pump is so much easier for control. Not sure but think Addison's was diagnosed in 2002 diabetes in 1965 is a definite though :)
Just shout if you want any help or just a shoulder to lean on.

Juliet boxall

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you so much for replying.i have done the carb counting course but ms sugars were still all over the place.i have just had my regime changed from1/10 to2/10 which seems to have helped but I will definitely look into the pump thank you.i read it can cause scar tissue but don't know any one else that uses it.
It is good to know that there are other people out there with both conditions to talk to and that I am not alone.

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Thank you so much for replying.i have done the carb counting course but ms sugars were still all over the place.i have just had my regime changed from1/10 to2/10 which seems to have helped but I will definitely look into the pump thank you.i read it can cause scar tissue but don't know any one else that uses it.
It is good to know that there are other people out there with both conditions to talk to and that I am not alone.
The main problem with control is the basal. Having Addison's precludes you from having a flat basal profile which the modern analogue insulin's have.
As long as you rotate your sites properly then you wont get scar tissue from using a pump :)