cold feet

fatbuggermex

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Hi, I'm type 2 diabetes, on medication. I know my sugars are high at the moment. I'm due to see my diabetic doc next Thursday, but I'm having problems with my right foot, it seems to be cold all the time. My other foot is fine. slippers and shoes doesn't keep it warm or socks. It is swollen on top, and the crease on my ankle hurts. any advice please?

fatbuggermex

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Hiya. What did the doc say?
Thanks for asking,It seems I have got an infection, due to a bite on me ankle, that's probably causing the swelling, the bite looks bad, so had foot dressed and antibiotics given. As for the coldness, still no idea!

Reactions: 2 people

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
Thanks for asking,It seems I have got an infection, due to a bite on me ankle, that's probably causing the swelling, the bite looks bad, so had foot dressed and antibiotics given. As for the coldness, still no idea!
Keep your leg elevated as much as possible so the toxins drain away from the site more efficiently. Was it an insect bite? I seem to get those easily, so I use insect repellant a lot, especially around the ankles.

learning2me

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had terrible problems keeping my feet warm, since becoming diabetic and also taking Warfarin.
Tried fluffy socks and hand knit wool socks, but have recently bought the best thing in the world for cold feet - memory foam slippers.

Mine are Bobs by Skechers and they aren't cheap, but boy do they do the job! Also help with pain in the joints, so with Christmas coming up .......

buddyscott

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
As I sit here (and it's autumn) I now realize for the next 7 months or so my main preoccupation will be keeping my hands and feet warm. Memory foam better than wool? Can you explain? Thanks.

learning2me

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well I tried wool but found the memory foam better FOR ME.
No idea why, just happy that it works.

fatbuggermex

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Keep your leg elevated as much as possible so the toxins drain away from the site more efficiently. Was it an insect bite? I seem to get those easily, so I use insect repellant a lot, especially around the ankles.
Hi ya, yes it was an insect bite. I do use insect repellents always on holiday. Think it was a mozzie bite, from feb this year. I`m elevating my leg. I`m guna invest in some woolley socks.