Symptoms

purp

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People, who do not stick by you in good times and bad.
Hi
I have just been diagnosed and some of the help I have recieved from this forum is fantastic.
I would like help with what's happening now. I was diagnosed about 8 weeks ago, my doctor gave me a sheet with what to eat and what not to eat and said I would be contacted by certain parts of the NHS to get treated. I have had my feet looked at, i do have spinal problems c5/c6 acdf and lower back nerve irritation along with severe arthritis in the lower spine. Its pretty confusing with some of the symptoms I have and I still get with the back problems I'm on loads of medication ( pain killers) and antidepressants.
Over the last few weeks I have been feeling really light headed and confused first thing in the morning and again in the afternoon, the dizziness is like when you are going to faint or when you try your first cigarette ( nor everybody will get that one lol) i start my course at the dietician on the 21st of this month. I've cut all sugar from my diet as much as possible. However I do still take some carbs and i have taken a detailed note of what I have had right down to snacks between meals and milk in my coffee.
I am just a tiny y bit overweight 5'9" 15.5 stone, i have lost 7 lbs just from watching what I eat.
The dizziness and light-headedness and the confusion is very frightening at first. I got told I did not need to check my blood, however I am just waiting on the meter arriving and will check at the start very often until I know what I'm doing, does anybody else get these problems or know what they are. I do know it runs in my family and they are type 1 they all got diagnosed at a later age. Unfortunately I am not in contact with them.

Thank you in advance

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
I think it's hard to know what is causing the symptoms and the first thing I'd want to rule out is low blood sugar, which the meter will tell you about. Low blood pressure could be causing this too, particularly if it happens when you stand up after lying down. It's possibly going to be something you need to ask your doctor about, after you've done some home blood testing.

Reactions: 2 people

purp

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People, who do not stick by you in good times and bad.
Thank you Catlady, i think the blood pressure can be ruled out as it is always spot on. The blood sugar though is something to look at, i mean I have cut out so much sugar it's even surprised me. I will tell the doctor when I get to see him in a week.
Its just when you don't know and it happens it's scary.
Thank you