ale

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
being a type 2 diabetic can you still drink beer or ale because i fancy a drink, its been 6 months since i had any, i only drink 2 cans or bottles,

Reactions: 2 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Some people seem to be able to have a pint with no Ill effects. I believe @GeoffersTaylor found he could drink beer without spiking his BG levels. Others drink red wine and white spirits e.g gin. Good luck but be careful with your experiment.

Last edited by a moderator:

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
I'll tag @daisy1 who'll come along soon with some great general info for you which you can read, then ask any other questions you may have and someone will answer

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Hi Richard

The general advice is that beer is bad, as it is essentially "liquid bread" and contains both carbs and sugars.

However, I have found I can still drink beer (and I admit I drink too much...) and still control my FBG levels.

But I also found I had to leave real ales alone, and for me, the strong lagers actually seem to do less damage.

I think Coors light is probably the one I have found to have least effect on my FBG levels - but, to quote crocodile Dundee, it tastes like......

I would say tread carefully and test appropriately, and of course, Responsibly!

Reactions: 2 people