Growth spurt and high blood sugars

Emmadixon

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
My little boy is 3 and has type1 diabetes, it looks like he's going through a growth spurt his appitie has increased dramatically but equally his blood sugars have risen dramatically too. We Initially started having morning hypos for these to have now stopped and were in constant high up to the 20s weve checked injection sites etc they seem fine. The diabetes team are been far from helpful and want to see what happens, in the mean time I'm dealing with a grumpy toddler. Any advice would be great x

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello, we apologise for the delay, your call is important to us ... oops, wrong script but I'll bump this for others to advise.
Hope your little boy is feeling not so grumpy soon.

acox75

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Idiotic people, know it alls who know nothing, lazy home educators!
Hi Emmadixon, Not sure if this has been re posted elsewhere but have you contacted your son's Diabetes team again? My 3 1/2 year old's BS start going high when he has growth spurts and it's usually necessary to make some changes to his carb ratios and basal rates (he's on a pump) His DN's say if he has high or low readings for 3 consecutive days, then something is wrong. If he's not ill or coming down with something then changes are definitely needed.